T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awesome site, i really appreciate all the great help here.Im trying to get into heat transfer t shirts.but ive never done it before i got the graphics down pretty good.now i need the to learn the whole transfer process.from all the great info i got here,i think i can do it.i got a list of things im gonna buy

1. epson 1280 printer
2. hix 15x15 swingman press
3. magic mix pigment base ink
4. transjet2 transfer paper
5. 100% cotton t's
6. bulk ink system

i got a few questions on ink

1. is the cart that comes with the 1280 dye or pigment
2. what is the best bulk ink system to use?and can i use it with magic mix ink? is getting one off of ebay a good idea? anything specific i should look for when buying one.
3. is there anything else i need on my purchase list?

i know these are a lot of questions,but i wanna make sure i know what im doing.purchasing all this equipment is a big investment for me.
i really appreciate any comments,thanx for all the help

·
Registered
950 Posts
Also get a teflon pad to protect your bottom platen on the press, and a few sheets of teflon also to protect the top platen and to protect your shirts too.

You can ask TLM Supply House if they have a bulk ink system for the 1280.

·
Registered
154 Posts
sounds like your going in the right direction, the only other thing you need is PATIENCE. Don't expect it to be perfect the first time. Be prepared to mess some tees up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my bulk ink kit from TLM Supply house for around $140. I was pretty pissed off to see the same exact kit on ebay not selling for even $9.95. Make sure and check eBay first. By the way, mine was for a c86, I think on ebay a 1280 bulk ink system runs like $40.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts