T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
awesome site, i really appreciate all the great help here.Im trying to get into heat transfer t shirts.but ive never done it before i got the graphics down pretty good.now i need the to learn the whole transfer process.from all the great info i got here,i think i can do it.i got a list of things im gonna buy

1. epson 1280 printer
2. hix 15x15 swingman press
3. magic mix pigment base ink
4. transjet2 transfer paper
5. 100% cotton t's
6. bulk ink system

i got a few questions on ink

1. is the cart that comes with the 1280 dye or pigment
2. what is the best bulk ink system to use?and can i use it with magic mix ink? is getting one off of ebay a good idea? anything specific i should look for when buying one.
3. is there anything else i need on my purchase list?

i know these are a lot of questions,but i wanna make sure i know what im doing.purchasing all this equipment is a big investment for me.
i really appreciate any comments,thanx for all the help

·
Registered
952 Posts
Also get a teflon pad to protect your bottom platen on the press, and a few sheets of teflon also to protect the top platen and to protect your shirts too.

You can ask TLM Supply House if they have a bulk ink system for the 1280.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my bulk ink kit from TLM Supply house for around $140. I was pretty pissed off to see the same exact kit on ebay not selling for even $9.95. Make sure and check eBay first. By the way, mine was for a c86, I think on ebay a 1280 bulk ink system runs like $40.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.