T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been doing heat transfers for about a year now, and everything is going well...but I really wish I had a good quality printer!

Right now I own Epson C66, and C86. They do alright, but they both have sporadic problems, paper jamming, banding, clogging, etc.

Are there any GOOD printers out there that use pigment inks, and do not require a bulk set up ( I tried a bulk system from TLM and hated it).

Thanks

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
First stay with the Epson brand.. Why.. It is not a thermal printer. The new epson c88 replaces the c86 and uses the new durabrite ultra ink. This ink does not fade and is water resistant which make it last longer in washing. I use the cx7800 all in one.. Same ink.Also when you use up one color of ink you only need to replace that color. HP you need to replace the whole color cartridge even if you still have some colors left. I figure my average cost per printed page runs me about 35 to 50 cents a piece, not counting the actual cost of tranfer paper.

chadds said:
Hi, I've been doing heat transfers for about a year now, and everything is going well...but I really wish I had a good quality printer!

Right now I own Epson C66, and C86. They do alright, but they both have sporadic problems, paper jamming, banding, clogging, etc.

Are there any GOOD printers out there that use pigment inks, and do not require a bulk set up ( I tried a bulk system from TLM and hated it).

Thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
What did you hate about the bulk ink set up?
Also, maybe your printer problems are just that particular printer. Is it worn out and old? I have had good printers just get worn out after a while. Then they get paper jams more often, or paper feeding problems. The C86 is a pretty good little printer for transfers. If you are looking for a newer printer, I'd think about larger format or printing speed as factors for deciding which one to get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts