T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a high school student, i have a part time job and go to school. I got interested in this, since going to school i see alot of my friends and others wearing shirts that are basically made from heat press. so i decided to get in on this. im starting off kind of low meaning im in the price range for heat press in $250 tops, epson printer for $80 reccomendation please,

so guys what heat press would you reccomend me? i will be doin urban sized clothing? not a big business just a small ordered printing and pressing.

also what kind of transfer paper? im only goin to do white and black shirts

thks

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
If your parents won't loan you the money, is there anyone else who might? Other family? Friends? You could try taking pre-orders, but it's very risky if you either don't come through, or take too long to come through.

I know I'd've loaned a friend $50-100 to start a business when I was a teenager... maybe I'm just weird that way though.

Point is, $250 probably isn't going to cut it. If you can't get more than $250, you could order a run of screen printed shirts (or a bulk run of heatpressed shirts - I don't see that advertised much but I'm sure it's available) and sell those, re-invest the money and keep doing it until you can afford your own equipment. Less money per sale, but still enough. It would also allow you to test/prove your market without having to worry about the manufacturing side (i.e. on top of the marketing you're going to have to do no matter which route you take).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solmu said:
If your parents won't loan you the money, is there anyone else who might? Other family? Friends? You could try taking pre-orders, but it's very risky if you either don't come through, or take too long to come through.

I know I'd've loaned a friend $50-100 to start a business when I was a teenager... maybe I'm just weird that way though.

Point is, $250 probably isn't going to cut it. If you can't get more than $250, you could order a run of screen printed shirts (or a bulk run of heatpressed shirts - I don't see that advertised much but I'm sure it's available) and sell those, re-invest the money and keep doing it until you can afford your own equipment. Less money per sale, but still enough. It would also allow you to test/prove your market without having to worry about the manufacturing side (i.e. on top of the marketing you're going to have to do no matter which route you take).
i was thinkin bout buyin made shirts and resellin, but i cant seem to find someone to do it for me. any suggestions?

thks for help guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a geoknight press on ebay for $250, slightly used. I think it is possible, you just have to do a little research and be patient. Its just the hobby press, but works great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
djmus said:
Hello I am a high school student, i have a part time job and go to school. I got interested in this, since going to school i see alot of my friends and others wearing shirts that are basically made from heat press. so i decided to get in on this. im starting off kind of low meaning im in the price range for heat press in $250 tops, epson printer for $80 reccomendation please,

so guys what heat press would you reccomend me? i will be doin urban sized clothing? not a big business just a small ordered printing and pressing.

also what kind of transfer paper? im only goin to do white and black shirts

thks
Hello

I 've just registered about 30 minutes ago . I think I can help you.
I bought a hot press ( HT- 400) that is quite amazing. I print T-Shirts, Totebags, Denim and many other items.
You can get amazing transfers by going to www.acetransco.com They have very affordable prices and they are willing to do very small quantities ( minimum of 6 sheets). All you have to do is to e mail your artwork , they'll mail it to you within 4 days.
Good luck

Aissata

1 - 11 of 11 Posts