T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the cool new features of our T-ShirtForums newsletter is the "Featured Member" section.

This section is our chance to showcase some of our helpful and knowledgeable members from all over the world. Hopefully this will help the community get to know a bit more about the helpful "faces" they see here at T-ShirtForums.com :)

Our next Featured Member is Marshall, known on the forums as @AtkinsonConsult

8 Questions with Marshall @AtkinsonConsult) from atkinsontshirt.com and Visual Impresssions

Do you remember when and why you originally joined T-ShirtForums.com?

I joined T-shirtForums.com because I like the interaction and feel that I have a lot to offer the industry. When I have a free moment, I like to review the posts. Anything that I feel that I can help with, I'll respond with my viewpoint. I like giving back to the industry that had helped me professionally for so long.

What type of t-shirt business do you run?

I'm the COO of Visual Impressions, Inc. which is a large contract decorator in Milwaukee, WI. I'm also the owner of Atkinson Consulting LLC, and I provide consulting services to the apparel decorating industry.

Do you have a website?

atkinsontshirt | unofficial ramblings of Marshall Atkinson

How long have you been in business?

I've been selling, designing and printing t-shirts for well over 25 years now.

Most recently, I've been with Visual Impressions for about a year and a half.

What was your reason for getting into the t-shirt business?

Throughout college I always designed and printed t-shirts, and when I started graduate school in 1990, I formed a company to avoid any student loans.

What was one of your biggest obstacles and how did you overcome it?

Keeping a sane work / life balance. I overcame this when I started working at Visual Impressions, as they have a great outlook on business.

What's the best piece of advice you've given or been given?

Working together, we can do it!

Anything else you'd like to add?

If feel that my experience in this industry has allowed me to be a good resource for others that need help. My consulting business is about resolving challenges and helping to build better companies.

Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/atkinsontshirt

Connect with me on LinkedIn - Marshall Atkinson | LinkedIn

Follow my blog - atkinsontshirt | unofficial ramblings of Marshall Atkinson

Check out Visual Impressions shop on Pinterest - Behind the Curtain at a T-shirt Shop

==
Feel free to use the replies area below to say Hi to Marshall or to ask any follow up questions about his answers or his industry journey.

Want to be featured in an upcoming newsletter? Fill out the form here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.