T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Auto Release to be exact..which is an option to make it "pop up" with programming timing.

Digital knight presses hold their value and even if it doesn't have the "auto release" option you can always purchase it later.

It's great feature to have because you can walk away from the press and it will."pop up"

· Registered
644 Posts
Not really FatKat. I've got a dinosaur and they wern't interested in doing anything but helping me buy a new one. After I explained that I was just looking for a part (a table) then our conversation was over. In fact, I found it odd that they were completely surprised that their machine was still working. Maybe they're better on their newer machines, but it's not odd for companies like these to mysteriously lose all documentation and parts after about 5 years when they switch over a new model. I'm counting on mine to work though because it's an awesome press. I seriously doubt they'll service my heating element if it goes out though because I bet they didn't have that service when they made my machine. And they'd know that for sure but nothing else about the machine at all.

· Registered
5,758 Posts
I have a really old swinger and they had no problems helping me getting up up and working. It was a barn find. It was one of the first digital swingers. I forgot how old it is, over 10 years. I do have a old non digital mug press of theirs and they didn't seem surprised it worked or anything. The only new knight I ever had was the one I got with my kiosk from SWF. All the others have been used and worked just as well as the new one.

Swyped via Tapatalk 2

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Was this a good deal or not?

I went ahead and purchased it for 500.00. I noticed that it didn't have a pressure sensor built in. Everything else was pristine. The digital panel was not the new blue one either. I suspect that I can install the pressure sensor and swap out the control panel though for less than 100.00. I also want to purchase the auto open assembly. Check out the pictures.

Attachments

· Registered
5,758 Posts
Just get the auto pop up. With it you can hover the press and adjust the pressure really easily. I use really heavy pressure when i pretreat shirts and then back it off when i cure the ink. I've never had the pressure gauge and really wanted it when i saw new ones came with it. But now from experience i don't really care what the gauge says.

· Registered
644 Posts
I think it looks great. And a great deal. My press is over 20 years old and works great so I'd say there's a chance it will last you into retirement (even if you're 21). I do hope they will fix my heater if it ever goes out, but seriously it's built like a tank so I'm thinking they may never get the chance.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it looks great. And a great deal. My press is over 20 years old and works great so I'd say there's a chance it will last you into retirement (even if you're 21). I do hope they will fix my heater if it ever goes out, but seriously it's built like a tank so I'm thinking they may never get the chance.
Thanks drdoct! I hope it does last me into retirement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.