T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
18,867 Posts
Your time and temperature settings is usually dictated by your ink supplier. You should press your sample at that setting first. Depending on shirt color, the high heat of sublimation will have an impact on the shirt itself. I've had white 60/40's scorch and other colors change color tone permanently due to the high heat.

For this reason, we press those shirts at 350 for 60 seconds. Some colors, like red and royal we stay away from entirely due to permanent shirt color tone changes in the shape of your platen.

·
Administrator
18,867 Posts
Great,

Would love to hear them. Any recommendations for a 95/5 Cotton/Spandex T-Shirt?
I remember now the 60/40 cotton/poly shirt I used last year. It was a Next Level.

You are looking for a 95/5 cotton or polyester? Cotton won't sublimate. Sanmar has a 95/5 poly thats subs exceptionally well. It's a jersey knit so it feels just like cotton.

Tultex at TSCapparel has a line of 65/35s poly/cotton that sub pretty well. Obviously there will be 35% fade so you get a weathered look.

Sanmar has a 70/30 poly/cotton raglan that subs pretty nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.