T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I keep hearing bad comments about the silver press and this and that who cares! your gonna spend more money on supplies anyways! the ryonet silver press is less than a thousand dollars. the riley hopkins is less than 3 thousand dollars. When your talking about a couple of thousand dollars on a business its peanuts! I have the 6 color 2 station silver press and have been making $$$ maybe not what you think. But Im making maybe as much as a person would make getting paid 15$ at a full time job. But the benefits from it is you can work from home and watch your kids and still provide without having to punch a time card. Im just saying thats my situation and Im living comfortable! I might think about expanding when my daughters get older but for now Im str8.

· Registered
47 Posts
Ok I keep hearing bad comments about the silver press and this and that who cares! your gonna spend more money on supplies anyways! the ryonet silver press is less than a thousand dollars. the riley hopkins is less than 3 thousand dollars. When your talking about a couple of thousand dollars on a business its peanuts! I have the 6 color 2 station silver press and have been making $$$ maybe not what you think. But Im making maybe as much as a person would make getting paid 15$ at a full time job. But the benefits from it is you can work from home and watch your kids and still provide without having to punch a time card. Im just saying thats my situation and Im living comfortable! I might think about expanding when my daughters get older but for now Im str8.
My honest opinion is I think when you get an office space and have to pay electicity and get employees. Its a different situation! So my suggestion would be to eliminate those issues as much as possible. I run all my machines from home. Im fixing to take all of yall business! Dont hate me for making profit! lol

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't say someone is not going to spend 24 hours of their own time to complete an order on time. Thats the nature of being an owner of your own business. You are making sure the order gets complete at all hours of the night! What you want to get rich working a 9 to 5. Now thats a joke! 4 real!

· Registered
740 Posts
Are you having an argument with yourself or something? :confused: I really don't get why you're taking this antagonistic tone.

I got my business off the ground on a press made from pine & MDF. You work with what you've got, and if you've got any skills you'll do okay.

· Registered
12 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 6/2 silver press - I agree - good little set up to get started, learn the business, & make some good $$! All that good $$$ I make of that press goes right back in the business for more equipment, or upgrades. Work with what ya got!

· Registered
23 Posts
:) Do you do registration of 2 pt outlines on text? If so did you purchase the micro registration or side clamps to assist you?

· Registered
47 Posts
Are you having an argument with yourself or something? :confused: I really don't get why you're taking this antagonistic tone.

I got my business off the ground on a press made from pine & MDF. You work with what you've got, and if you've got any skills you'll do okay.
I am ranting about how some people on the forum make it seem that you need an expensive setup to start off with to make money thats all. I've read post after post and I think its kind of misleading. So I finally had to say something. This business is very profitable and yes you can make tons of money off of it. But I hear people on this forum telling beginners to get the best press thats out their. Just to start off your business. Which is wrong, If your starting a business from home which is most likely the case you need a portable desktop press. Incase you have to move. Once you have a legit office space then your ready to buy the big stuff. Sorry you probably haven't read the post that I've read.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) Do you do registration of 2 pt outlines on text? If so did you purchase the micro registration or side clamps to assist you?
yup I sure did I also ordered a pantone color kit to make sure I can make any color that my customer wants. Do you approve? It seems like I have to have yalls approval or something. lol

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just want to say sorry to everyone that i offended with my posts on this thread. SORRY I love these forums and would like to continue learning from them. Some of you were right I was ranting for no reason. I do get the best advice here on these forums and I don't want to leave a bad impression. So forgive me I really do consider yall family. lets not make this like youtube with their unfiltered unfriendly comments! lol Truthfully I consider these forums like a safe haven I can ask stupid questions and I will get like 10 people respond right away. So like I said sorry. p.s I was drinking when I was ranting so really forgive me! P.s again their is always truth in the gist of things. Maybe I should just stop talking :/.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok I think I figured out where the misunderstanding is. ok when i come to the forums seeking answers for certain things because I already have a setup I get answers. But when it comes to new comers to the business that want to start a business they get ****ty answers. That is my point! I hear it all the time on here thats why Im speaking out! for example "you can't have your own set up without investing 10,000" bs! "you can't make money from home in your moms garage" bs! "most screen printers fail the first year" bs! and im sure that have searched the forums have heard that one before. Im trying to encourage not discourage. But I guess Im the one that sounds ignorant. smh

· Registered
740 Posts
Keep blowing that trumpet pal. But take this kind of attitude with your customers and watch your reputation pancake faster than the speed of sound. Oh, and I'm not familiar with the US benefit system but I imagine it only takes one of your neighbours to complain about the smell of chemicals and regular large deliveries for you to be pulled up on Section 8 fraud charges. Arrogance is the rake that smacks you in the face when you least expect it.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I keep posting because after I submit my valid point. I come up with another valid point so I submit that on a different post. I have many valid points. But It doesn't matter you still don't get the valid points no matter how many I have. lol So now to my next point here is another quote somebody made on these forums why screen printers fail. "screen printers fail because they try to do too many things like embroidery, rhinestones, vinyl, DTG, Banners, full color vinyl and did anybody mention if you are able to do these things you are also considered a graphic designer as well. So let me get to my point and let me validate my point as well. I have had times where certain parts of the business is slow. like the screen printing part because Im gonna be honest screen printing is only worth it if your getting bulk orders, not single shirt orders thats where the vinyl aspect of your business will still make money. If non of the above is making money then you still have your 13x19 printer using 3rd party inks or a ciss. to print business cards, invitations, etc. if thats not doing well then can make graphics for people as well. For example this is what I do except for the embroidery, full color vinyl and the DTG. But when its slow in certain areas of your business other areas might be busy. So their is another prime example of false advice! I also make mix cds for several stores and press them up my self. So I guess that quote of trying to do everything is the reason for failure just got debunk'd!

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Closing out this thread.

I've read post after post and I think its kind of misleading. So I finally had to say something.
It helps keep things in context if you reply to the actual discussion thread that you're referring to instead of starting a new thread.

Let's keep things professional please :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.