T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got (2) 500 watt lights from Ryonet and it has a label on the front of the light that says UV filter. I thought the whole point of exposing was to have full UV light on the screen? What the heck!?

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh geeze. Nevermind. I removed the glass. *slaps forehead*

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Nothing would be saved because I'm sure there's no source for work lights that don't have the glass.
I mean if Ryonet sells in volume, maybe they can custom order these halogens from the factory without those UV glasses. It is pretty safe to assume though, that factory volume would be high, so maybe Ryonet purchased from regular production stocks (with the glasses) so the glass is included and shipped to the buyer. Removing the glass may even add to the cost.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Call them. They will answer all your questions.
Not relevant to ask or answer. Just sharing my thoughts on the following post (and I live outside US).

I just got (2) 500 watt lights from Ryonet and it has a label on the front of the light that says UV filter. I thought the whole point of exposing was to have full UV light on the screen? What the heck!?

Oh geeze. Nevermind. I removed the glass. *slaps forehead*

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Maybe they're sent that way to protect the bulb. They may also not want to alter the fixture in any way to avoid any litigious screenprinters who manage to hurt themselves by sticking their fingers in places they don't belong, break the bulb and cut themselves, or whatever.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Sounds very logical. Both transport and safety/legal views.

Got a curious shopper once who dropped an item on the floor causing some dents. After being cautioned, he pulled hard on an alloy handle breaking it. Kept hollering his is a cop and his son is with malacanan palace (your white house). Turned out to be an ex-cop and the son a reporter with a daily business broadsheet assigned to cover our president's trip. His son asked us to wait for him as he will pay for the damages but turned up with policemen instead accusing us of illegally detaining his father. Even muscled his way in the police station to tamper with the police report. Luckily for us, the reporter son was dumb enough because the tampered report does not coincide with the police blotter. Threatened to sue us that night so we sue them first thing the following morning. Even filed a complaint against us with the local department of trade, with the arbitration hearing cut short because he adamantly insisted that our shop be closed down for violating his consumer right (lack of do not touch signs). Such abusive consumers are surely what businesses wish to avoid.

Sorry for straying but your post adds a new dimension to a simple UV glass useless for screen printing. Just hope that consumers, printers or not, don't get too litigious which may boomerang back to us as a higher cost.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I understand that it's being sold as an exposure lamp, but it's manufactured as a work light.

They buy them as work lights, ship them as such, and the only time they become exposure lamps is when you use them as one.

My point is that they buy cheap work lights, call them exposure units, and sell them. I'm sure they don't want to pay someone to remove the UV glass from every unit, and they don't buy enough to order them without glass. Besides I'm sure there are liability reasons. The glass is a safety feature, and to sell something with the safeties removed opens up a whole can of worms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts