T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you prefer for printing either custom or commerical transfers like those from proworld? I have always used 50/50 t-shirts because they don't shrink too much.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've spoken with printers about this and you should have no problem printing on a 50/50 shirt.

I don't think it really matters when it comes to issues that may arise; both the 50/50 and 100% should be fine for plastisol.

I didn't base my decision on which shirts to use because of this but rather what shirts my customers would prefer and expect to see. The 100% cotton is a given and pretty much expected by people even when they may enjoy the feel of a 50/50 more. However, using a 50/50 may deter people and cost you some sales.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use both, some customers like 50/50 for employee uniforms because they retain their color longer. Personally I like 100% cotton. If you cook 50/50 just a little to long transfers tend to take on the color of the shirt. They also have an unpleasant odor when heated.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I only sell 100% cotton becuase it sounds better to customers
I've noticed that too. I wonder why that is?

I've had emails and phone calls asking if the shirts are 100% cotton (even though the site says that they are), but nobody's ever asked "do you carry 50/50 t-shirts". At least on the retail side of things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts