T-Shirt Forums banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone!

I have a quick question:

I plan to produce printed garments aimed at children/teens. Sizes would be from infant to XXL.

While researching heat presses, I found references to a 6x6 unit. The marketing mumbo-jumbo states that it is specifically designed for infant clothing.

Now for the question (Finally!):

Do I really need a separate, smaller press for infant clothing?

Thanks!!

MikeyGee

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The answer is no !, you can use a regular press. I suggest you get a minimum of a 15x15 press. I strongly suggest you buy a name brand press. I say this because the cheap ebay press has no customer service behind them .A name brand press cost more, but they are made better and have a service department. The press is the pulse of your business and should be very dependable and have service after the sale. .... JB

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's better to have a heat press that's too big versus one that's too small. You never know when a family member or friend might hit you up to do a small run of adult sized tees ... happens to me all the time. And like JB said, go with a name brand press.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Someone mentioned not strong enough nor making shirts regularly enough for a big press.

Is there any way at all to use a hand iron or some other heating devise if not printing lage quantities of pieces?

Thanks,
Joanne

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Someone mentioned not strong enough nor making shirts regularly enough for a big press.

Is there any way at all to use a hand iron or some other heating devise if not printing lage quantities of pieces?

Thanks,
Joanne
Not if you want to acheive high quality results that are good enough for retails sales.

As a hobby, I think might be fine to use a hand iron for some transfers, but if you are selling the printed items to someone else, you need the pressure and heat that an actual heat press can provide.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Which heat press give you the most room under the machine to slide a shirt under.
We are going to be doing youth sweat and hoodies and tees and we were wondering if we slid the shirt bottom side first , would it slide under so it squares up.
I really think a 16x16 is plenty big enuff to go with but not ruling out the 16x20.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Steve
Masco Sportswear

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks,
Joanne
You would have to be strong to use a hand iron on a transfer. Pressure is the key and is the reason why a heat press does such a better job. I would not reccomend trying a hand iron if your dissabled.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi I have used three different name press

Sunie
Hix
Geo night

and they all have been very good press. And I have used 12x14 to 15x15 and have had no problems with them now when it comes to size. I can do any size transfer that A 16x20 can do so yes large press is nice but you can do the same with smaller press and still have very good quality results!

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can actually start with just a heat press, a computer and an Epson inkjet printer. A china made press would cost you no more than PHP25T.

(sorry for the off-topic)
Sorry to get off topic, but can you possibly advise me on where I can get more details like this. I'm new on the scene and trying to do some R&D.

From this thread I've learned to get a good brand name 16x20 heat press, but I would need more details on transfer paper/printers..Etc

·
Registered
126 Posts
We've used a Geoknight Combo Press for the last 12 years now, and done a huge amount of shirts with it (sometimes 1,000 in a day).

It's worn, dirty, and the staff have managed to break some parts off it - but IT STILL WORKS !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Rodney,

I am looking for a heatpress (am considering to buy a Stahl heatpress) mainly to heatpress transfers etc. on tshirts and bags and maybe some other things as well...
also I would like to know if you can laminate paper (flyers) using laminating sheets

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can anyone direct on where I can find an affordable 15x15 or 16x16 heat press that is like in $450-$500 range.

I'm interested in only these brands

* Geo-Knight
* Hix
* Hotronix
* Mighty Press
* Phoenix Phire
* Power Pro
INSTA 228 Swinger Digital

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Can anyone direct on where I can find an affordable 15x15 or 16x16 heat press that is like in $450-$500 range.

I'm interested in only these brands
eBay, Craig's List, TSF Classifieds, etc. etc.

If you can raise your budget a couple hundred bucks you can buy new, otherwise you'll need to trawl the standard secondhand sources until you luck upon something. They do come up pretty regularly, to wildly varying prices (sometimes there are massive bargains, sometimes there is a lot of competition).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I need advise from everyone, as I am so grateful to have a forum such as this one. There is a 15x15 swing away heat press machine available. The guy is selling it for $500, he says that the item is brand new and that he never used the item. He told me that it just happened that he didn’t get the chance to pursue on selling T shirts, instead he went to pursue his graphic / web design.

I’m new at this heat press thing, so I don’t know on what to think. My company / label is all set up, all I need right now is to produce product. I really do want this machine, but I don’t know if this guy is telling me the truth in regards if the item is brand new. According to the pics, its unwrapped as in outside the box and laying on a table collecting dust. I asked him if he was negotiable with the price and he said no that the price $500. I also noticed that he’s been trying to sell the item since 1st week of march and he only lives 1 mile away from me.

I have attached this images for everyone to see

What do you guys think ?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered an heatpress from sunnie, was wondering what else I need to get going besides a computer. WHat kind of printer do I need? I keep hearing terms like inkjet transfer and sublimation- what's the difference and which one is reccomended? which one is easiest and do they both apply to inkjet transfer? looking at companies like bustedtees, tshirt hell e.t.c, do their tshirts look like heat transfer or do they look like they were screen printed? My understanding is buy a machine, buy a printer, have graphics design softwares( which ones are reccomended?) and I can print on my regular printer paper but reading through the boards, im getting the feeling that I'm sadly mistaken. So for a newbie with an heatpress machine, what equipments and accessories are needed to print good tshirts and whats the process of using the heatpress from step 1?

81 - 100 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.