T-Shirt Forums banner
61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you for all this good info, I've never screen printed or heat transfered and this is my first post. From what I've gathered I've decided to go with your selection Rodney and get the Phoenix Phire 16X20. I've also decided to go with transferfreedom for printing. So now that I have those decisions squared away, is that all I need to make shirts, or is there something I'm missing besides? Please don't answer with blank shirts. :) Thank you.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Phoenix™ Phire Auto Open Heat Presses anybody own one of these? how would you rate this. think its $795.00
Yes, several members own that press. I have the 16x20 version (although mine doesn't have the digital pressure reader like that one...I wish it did :)) It's a very nice press.

To get feedback about any vendor or press, you can put the name in our search engine at the top of the page to bring up threads that talk about that specific topic. If you put in phoenix phire into the search engine, you'll find several posts about it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, several members own that press. I have the 16x20 version (although mine doesn't have the digital pressure reader like that one...I wish it did :)) It's a very nice press.

To get feedback about any vendor or press, you can put the name in our search engine at the top of the page to bring up threads that talk about that specific topic. If you put in phoenix phire into the search engine, you'll find several posts about it.
thanks Rodney ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Rodney,
I was thinking.. I should wait to order the Heat Press till Jan at the long beach show. I know you been there. and when you went did you see vendors selling heat presses there? I thought I could see it in action and maybe get a deal on it. save shipping fees? do you recall seeing PHEONIX .. knight. and other top quality presses there in stock at show??

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Rodney,
I was thinking.. I should wait to order the Heat Press till Jan at the long beach show. I know you been there. and when you went did you see vendors selling heat presses there? I thought I could see it in action and maybe get a deal on it. save shipping fees? do you recall seeing PHEONIX .. knight. and other top quality presses there in stock at show??
I can probably help here...

There will be all types of presses at the show - Phoenix, Knight, Hix etc.. There are discounts on show units for carry out on the final day of the show. We usually presell our show units or sell them on the first day - they are usually in high demand so regardless of what brand - you might want to plan to reserve one prior or make your decision on the first day.

You should expect a better discount and no shipping because you'd be carrying out:) (so bring a cart)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I can probably help here...

There will be all types of presses at the show - Phoenix, Knight, Hix etc.. There are discounts on show units for carry out on the final day of the show. We usually presell our show units or sell them on the first day - they are usually in high demand so regardless of what brand - you might want to plan to reserve one prior or make your decision on the first day.

You should expect a better discount and no shipping because you'd be carrying out:) (so bring a cart)
example. I would be buying a demo? new or used?

·
Registered
331 Posts
i believe I seen a video of you. Demo one of the presses? which one or link was it. any Idea what kind of savings i would be getting if I pre bought one. send me a private msg inregards to amount. thanks,
Veronica (VEE)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
example. I would be buying a demo? new or used?
While it will vary with the seller, it would be typical for it to have been new at the start of the show and used to demo during the show. So it'll have had a few days of use only, and still come with full warranties, etc.

·
Registered
828 Posts
That's actually a great idea, and I believe I will keep that in mind at the next show I attend. You can definitely find some good deals that way, shipping cost being a big factor in that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
A while back, someone psoted a query about the relative merits of the Geo Knight 9 x 12 Digital Swinger JetPress and the Hix Hobby Lite 9X12 Swinger Heat Transfer Press

There were many responses, but none actually answered the posters' query. Instead they explained why the poster really wanted something bugger and better.

I was hoping to see an actual discussion of why one might be better thsan ther other.

I'm looking at these same presses, as well as the Panther Press 9x12 (which I saw at BestBlanks.Com)

I'm not going into business, just making some shirts for my self and friends. I may make hslf a dozen to a dozen shirts in one month, then not make any for the next 3 or 4 months. I want to use higher quality transfer paper than is available at Office Depot, but such materials typically are not intended for use with an electric iron. So I want to get around the limitation that an iron cannot be used for good results.

I am also disabled, and a 60 pound monster is way overkill for me. I also do not want to deal with the kind of logistical problems that sometimes arise post-sale with ebay sellers that would not be an issue for (or even occur to) a fully abled person.

For the kind of artwork I'm putting on t-shirts, a letter sized image space is plenty big.

For these reasons I'm hoping someone can compare these heat presses, or even just report on their experiences with just one of them (was heating across the platen uneven for example?). Do the specs present any red flags that I would not know to look for?

Is the Panther Press 9x12 an off-label device that should be avoided like the plague?

If you know that one cannot get quality results with any of these 3 presses, please let us know. I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who would want to know.

Many thanks

61 - 80 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.