T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
A few months ago, I really knew nothing about heat press brands and what things you would want to look for when buying a heat press.

Here are some of the things I've learned and how I learned them :)
Hi Rodney,

I'd really like to get my brother some sort of heat press as an early Christmas present, but I'm not really sure what it is I need to get. I was hoping you might be able to shine some light on the subject for me.

My brother screen prints t-shirts as a hobby and is now starting to get orders from friends of friends & family members who have seen folks wearing his t-shirt designs. The number of t-shirt orders is getting out of control, especially with Christmas coming up.

After he puts the design on the t-shirts using dye & his silk screens, I usually help him iron the t-shirts (4 minutes each) so the dye sets in the fabric and becomes permanent. This takes a long time and would be much easier if he had some sort of heat press with a timer & temp control.

I've been looking around trying to figure out what exactly he needs, but it seems all of the heat presses seem to be for transfers (iron-ons?) or vinyl.

I'm really not in-the-know when it comes to all of this stuff, and I'm reluctant to ask my brother since it'll surely tip him off that I'm trying to buy a heat press for him.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I'm really at a loss here!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It sounds like your brother might need a small dryer for curing screen printing ink instead of a heat press?

If he's not doing any heat transfers or vinyl, you may want to look into getting him a small conveyor dryer

You might want to post your question in the screen printing section of the forum to see if someone there can suggest a dryer for curing screen printing inks.
Thanks so much !! I will check out some small conveyor dyers as you suggested, as well as post my question in the screen printing section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.