T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The platen self levels to adjust for substrates that are not truly flat. say one end of the substrate is 5/8th in thickness on one end and the other end is 7/8th; the press will adjust for this variation.

Jae'
If I can elaborate...the presses with floating top platens are able to lock down evenly on thicker items. The press' top platen will level off prior to making contact with the substrate loaded. This platen feature eliminates the pinching effect that has plagued clamshells for years. The floating lower platen also eventually levels off but the back portion of the top platen will meet the substrate first, then it levels off. Not that this is a huge deal on most applications, but on some thicker items it can have that pinch effect.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Rodney,
I was thinking.. I should wait to order the Heat Press till Jan at the long beach show. I know you been there. and when you went did you see vendors selling heat presses there? I thought I could see it in action and maybe get a deal on it. save shipping fees? do you recall seeing PHEONIX .. knight. and other top quality presses there in stock at show??
I can probably help here...

There will be all types of presses at the show - Phoenix, Knight, Hix etc.. There are discounts on show units for carry out on the final day of the show. We usually presell our show units or sell them on the first day - they are usually in high demand so regardless of what brand - you might want to plan to reserve one prior or make your decision on the first day.

You should expect a better discount and no shipping because you'd be carrying out:) (so bring a cart)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.