T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: website

And I just read on CNN that people take less than 1/2 of a second to judge the appearance of a site. So the layout and the color choices are crucial.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
1. people friendly (easy navigation/fast loading/useable in all browsers)

2. search engine friendly (basic seo work done)

3. as few clicks to the sale as possible (no flash intros, short checkout process)

4. accept all payment types

5. Have ALL potential questions answered by your website text since you can't be there to answer the customer's question. (how much, what brand, how much is shipping, where do you ship, what is the sizing like, 100% cotton?, what's the company history, phone number, return policy, mailing address, product photos, customer comments, how fast do you ship, printing method, etc, etc etc)

·
Registered
690 Posts
1. Great designs!
2. Ease of use (including but not limited to clean design layout, complementing colors, fast loading site and pictures, etc)
3. Security (SSL installed)
4. Quality materials & designs (including shirt quality & durability of print method)
5. Great customer service (quick fast trackable shipping, email answered in timely manner, reasonable refund policy).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I did even ask, but thank you all. I'm getting ready to design a site for myself and I could use this thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems that recently I've been receiving tons of unsolicited emails regarding SEO (Search Engine Optimization). What have you all found to be some effective ways to get your sites found by the general public on search engines?

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would also add that it's important to keep your site consistant from page to page. No matter where you are on the site the information should always stay in one place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like to know what shipping is up front. I don't want to have to go through several screens, inputting my name, address, etc., only to get to the final screen to find out what the shipping charge is.

It's only one tip, but, in addition to the great tips already posted, it's one I plan on using with my own site.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
What's wrong with Flash intros?
Flash intros do not help the shopper. They don't add anything to the shopping experience. They hurt your search engine optimization efforts.

You don't want to make a person, that may want to give you money, wait around for your fancy flash intro. Every extra click they have to make to get into your site is another decision they have to make before they give you money.

If you give them what they are looking for sooner, you'll leave them less chance to decide to hit that back button and move on.

More practically, take a look at some successful ecommerce sites and see how many flash intros you see? Threadless, tshirthell, cafepress, amazon, ebay, t-shirts.com.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Threadless have started using some more obnoxious intro type stuff lately.

No one who visits their site regularly will ever forget the chilling "HOODIES HOODIES HOODIES HAHAHAHA!" sound bite week. I still shudder at the memory.

I guess my point is these are techniques established sites can indulge in if they really want to, but potential death to a new site.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I agree threadless has lost the plot recently.

Their sales banners which mean you cannot see any shirts when you first load the site on 70% of computer setups make me shudder.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts