T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell you guys the truth. Don't know how I will keep the doors open.

What is hurting is I have new companies coming out of the woods that cant print but sell cheap.

My question is how are dealing with the bad economy? Is it bad for you or are you going strong? Like i said i'm off at least 45%

Any deals you guys are running. I'm south of ATL.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You focus on Quality. Tons of cheap printers out there but you really have to change your ideas about marketing. My business keeps growing because I focus on making quality products and cleaning up the bad jobs that people have done in the past. The other thing is you need to know where to get your clients. It is a rapidly changing industry but if you provide the customer service they will keep coming back because of dealing with past headaches with past customers. I provide samples for all my clients before I even print. It takes some time and is a gamble....but guess what....no one else takes the time to do it and when they see my finish product before even ordering I close the deal. I have not had one customer choose another person over me even if they were cheaper. They liked I went the extra mile to get their business. that is just my thoughts!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
goodtease

I agree with you. Market & treat your customer right. We have actually been changing our marketing for this summer. We take good care of our customers. That is why a lot of customers do come back to us. Most of that 45% is because of money. For examples Schools and such. I'm glad to hear that your business is growing. Hopefully I'll be reporting back on a growing business over summer & fall.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have one principal customer in my tee shirt business. I went to them, asking what I could do to increase sales for both of us. I followed their advice, and our sales has increased 60% in the last 14 months.
Smith

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have one principal customer in my tee shirt business. I went to them, asking what I could do to increase sales for both of us. I followed their advice, and our sales has increased 60% in the last 14 months.
Smith
Well, what advice did they give?

Eric :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I do consignment shirts, and was taking the inventory to figure the sales every few months. They suggested I take a monthly inventory, so I could do a better job of keeping the different categories up to date, and it helped therm pay me better, with fewer, larger payments. The customer is happier, their customers are happier, and I get paid more often. Doing a better job, has increased their sales, and made more money for me.
They also suggested I switch from 50/50 tees, to 100% cotton tees, and let me switch, as I exhausted my inventory of 50/50's in each size & color. This really helped.
They also suggested that I could delete some categories, as I was trying to please them, more than trying to make sales.
Smith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts