T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I also would like to know.I scored a 400w MH lamp,and all the ballest and socket for free from work and i have been trying to figure out some plans for a unit to build

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I am in the same boat...I have been using a multi bulb system for a while. Just rounded up a MH light and I am going to be doing some testing this weekend. I was planning on starting at 24" and go from there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a 1000 watt MH Light. I have it in an exclosed box. The bulb sits 21 inches from the glass. My box is 29 inches square. I also have a vacume lid. The thing is sweet. I am at like 55 seconds for my exposure time but sometimes I let it go a little longer. I have an epson 4000 pro so my transparencys are dark and I have never had a problem washing anything out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in the same boat...I have been using a multi bulb system for a while. Just rounded up a MH light and I am going to be doing some testing this weekend. I was planning on starting at 24" and go from there.
please post your results of your test. I will not be able to test until late next week. I am still waiting on my glass, and neoprene sheet to come in.
I was thinking of 24" to start too. But I am hoping for it to be more like 29"-30". I want to hinge my shutter inside the box.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
From what I have read you can go further away...it will have to adjust you exposure time. The problem is when you get to close, because then the center exposes and the outside edges don't.

But yeah I will let you know anything that I find out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts