T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

I have an epson stylus 1280 printer and when i go to print things, i do not notice a place under the properties tab for me to adjust my dpi to what the transfer paper package reccomends

do i just change the setting from quality to speed? would that be 360 dpi?

ya, i am totally ignorant on the subject...any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have a Epson 1280. I just looked at the 360 DPI setting I'm not sure what you are looking to adjust, but it is recommended to leave the setting on standard for transfer paper.

Right click the printer icon. Go to properties. On the main menu where it has plain paper scroll down and you will find 360 dpi. Is this what you are looking for?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I never use 360 dpi on mine as the quality/speed setting is locked on speed.
I use standard and move the speed setting all the way to te left "quality" and seem to get the best results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says that for an epson 1280, i should use media" 360 dpi injet paper setting and print mode should be set at "best" so i guess that answers my own question...duh...

i just remember reading somwhere that you don't want it at best because it is to much ink or something and it will bleed....hmmm..i don't know

·
Registered
140 Posts
All I know is I can't adjust the speed/quality setting in 360 dpi setting. I called the tech at Epson and he told me standard is 360dpi but on my printer I have the ability to also adjust the speed/quality setting from this position.
I have to go to "quality" or my printer does not put down enough ink. The nozzels constantly clog, and I wish I would have put out more money for a better printer. Note I have 2 1280's, only the one that bulk feeds clogs. The one that I run the mfg carts in has never jammed. I use Armur-Ink in the bulk,
the majenta is the worst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts