T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this was in my feed this morning. I know nothing about the company that makes this thing. And since it's a brand new printer I'm guessing there's no track record of reliability. Their website says "formally known as DTG Mart." I'm guessing they meant to say, "formerly."

·
Registered
441 Posts
I only watched about a minute, but All American (DTG Mart) seems to be a decent distributor (I've had limited experience with HTV products with them in past. I presume they're just slapping their name on a Chinese import. The "changes everything" part seems to refer to DTF in general, not that machine specifically. No criticism here, just don't see any big deal (I'm presuming I watched long enough).

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
i do like the static image of the vid (mind blown, giant text, big blue arrow)
it seems to be very popular, used by many vids to grab attention

the cycle is reversing though
as more and more mediocre/terrible vid's use this technique, more and more people simply avoid watching them as the percentages now favor 'terrible'
but the problem lies in the twilight, not really light and not really dark, what do you do?

nothing against this particular cat above, just an observation

maybe it's just me, as the years tick by on the interweb,
the more we are cocooned/constricted by some spider without a name/face
i'm getting claustrophobic, is there a game changer? (maybe i'll watch the vid to find out)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
This is obviously a sponsored video, which is basically what this guy does.

And since it's a brand new printer I'm guessing there's no track record of reliability.
It's just a re-packaged Epson EcoTank L1800.
As for reliability... It's basically the ecotank version of the older Epson 1390, or 1400.

I would recommend a P800 based conversion instead.
Faster, more reliable, and can print 17" wide sheets as well.
The only problem is that the P800 is now as discontinued model.
There is a replacement model, the P900... but I've not had the chance to test one yet.

·
Registered
441 Posts
A lot of desktop conversion maintenance nightmare stories. After my own string of frustrations with them, now I'm rolling the dice on a dual XP600 head, Alibaba, about another week for arrival. Personally, IF go back to an Epson as desktop conversion as just a backup to the dual XP600, I would try the P5000 at this point (search "P5000" in Direct to Film (DTF) Printing )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts