T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my sub printer from Conde for the Tech Support as it was supposed to be superb.

I got my printer about 3 months ago and printed on phone cases right off with no problems. I was busy enough from the start to print pretty much daily.

Suddenly, the blue starts streaking. I call Conde and they have me run a nozzle check, etc. Everything is fine. Then, they tell me to watch a video on how to clean the belt. Done.

Still streaking, getting worse and now these side to side bands (can't think of how else to describe them) across most prints. Regardless of color.

I have tried them twice on Tech Support and get nowhere. I need this fixed and I feel like they are just guessing and having me try things. In fact, the latest is that I should clean the belt again. Ugh. I need my printer up and running.

Any ideas on banding? Streaks? I would really appreciate any ideas.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found this is not uncommon with this printer and the blue streaking. Gonna try to figure out how to do an alignment check and see if it helps. But still open to any ideas. Would love some real Conde help if anyone is out there!

· Registered
268 Posts
I had some banding issues and I was able to clean the belt with the specific solution they mention in their videos. Have you tried pressing after you printed? Also, how is the humidity level in your work area?

I was able to get everything cleaned and recleaned and when I finally pressed the aluminum, you were not able to see the banding. Can you post a picture of the problem?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and what printer are you using as well as inks?
I have the Ricoh 3110dn. The inks are the inks it comes with from Conde. Sawgrass Sublijet R.

I live in Texas, which is humid. But I keep my paper dry and a silicon pack in with it. The tech guy there said humidity is good for the machine itself.

My tech support experience has been horrible so far. And I do rhinestone transfers full time so I have only about 30 minutes a day allotted to the sublimation so far. Which was perfect for 3-4 cases. It was so much fun at first!

I will try another pic. It is hard for me to get a pic that shows the bands.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Conde's tech support has been pretty good for me, so I'm not sure why they are giving you issues. I'm attaching a picture of banding that I was getting on my case, especially the blues. However, once pressed, you were not able to see the banding.
Not really issues as far as rude. Not really interested is more accurate. No help whatsoever with getting rid of the problem. The reason I paid more for Conde was that David always seemed to see issues here and fix them. No luck.

My banding is throughout the whole print at even intervals. I am gonna run another to try to get a good pic. I have thrown away so many prints and inserts as the pressing doesn't help.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK. So, moved it to a much sturdier table. Alignment was off,so I figured that out myself and fixed it.

Now, I don't see banding...although I was afraid to go with a big solid I any color. I am seeing a lack of ink transfer in places. And the blue pic attached is from yesterday. It was my best print, but has a white streak by the heart. The pic is horrible.

The other two have hazing on the solids. Like on the black ink cheerleader and overall on the pink one. Any ideas how I can fix this as I still have no offer of help from Conde.

Attachments

· Registered
268 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the problem is. If it's a pressing, ink, or some other problem. There are a few helpful folks here on the forum that might have a good idea on what's going on. Have you tried calling Conde back? I would ask to speak with David directly and see if that helps.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is only fair that I follow up. David did contact me finally and had me call him. Which I did.

It seems it was nothing more than pressure issue for the hazing.

I am embarrassed to share this next thing. As it is sooo blonde of me. But the streaks I was seeing on my prints were the imprints from the paper I was using in the press. I had pressed the ID tag and then a phone insert. The impression from the paper after pressing the tags was showing on the phone insert. I figured out the pattern was the exact same as the paper from the press and, much to my horror, I had to admit this to David! But if someone else can save their embarrassment, I am happy to share that here. Throw away your papers. I was using them over and over.

So, now I have 2 good prints. I am still nervous, but fingers crossed all will be good.

I also have to say that Coastal was more than willing to help even though I did not buy the printer from them. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.