T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I want to transfer my POD business to locally made shirts.

This is my store 1NTIK.com

I have 3,000$ budget for equipment and I'm really hesitant to choose a specific technique.

My designs are a mix of (1/2) Solid color designs and Full color with gradient.

I have a lot of designs, and I run approximately on 10-25 orders a day.

What equipment would you buy, and what printing technique would you go for if you were in my shoes?

Option 1: Heat press + Vinyl cutter + (17x11)Inkjet printer = Vinyl(solid color) and Inkjet transfers(full color)

(I like this option because it allows me to print according to orders, it fits in budget, but I'm not so sure about the Inkjet transfers)

Option 2: Sublimation (deal breaker most my shirts are Black and have cotton)

Option 3: DTG (Waaay above my current budget)

Option 4: Screen printing (Not sure, especially for full color designs..)

Option 5: Plastisol transfers (never tried it, you tell me)

Option 6: Outsource?

What would you guys do? I would love to hear your feedback.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
You forgot your design software. AI is standard but Corel Draw is much less expensive. They are all going to subscription models so be prepared for that. You also forgot to include your supplies. T-shirt vinyl is expensive.

Forget inkjet.

24 Inch cutter, Corel Draw, 16x20 heat press. With this you can do shirts, signs, banners, plastisol transfers and decals. You should be able to pay for this in a couple of months.

Save your money for a Versacamm and then you can do printed vinyl.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You forgot your design software. AI is standard but Corel Draw is much less expensive. They are all going to subscription models so be prepared for that. You also forgot to include your supplies. T-shirt vinyl is expensive.

Forget inkjet.

24 Inch cutter, Corel Draw, 16x20 heat press. With this you can do shirts, signs, banners, plastisol transfers and decals. You should be able to pay for this in a couple of months.

Good luck.
I already have AI, thanks for pointing that tho.
The $3000 is only for equipment, I have another budget for supplies and T-Shirt blanks.

What worries me most is full color designs, I need to find a way to print full color designs on my black T-Shirts that fits in the budget.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Plastisol transfers from Versatranz. They have 4 color process screen printing. It is pricey though if you are below 100 prints.

Reactions: TheHouseofGarb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plastisol transfers from Versatranz. They have 4 color process screen printing. It is pricey though if you are below 100 prints.
Yeah I took a look, for 100 full color sheets, 1500 Canadian dollar (1000 usd)

That's way too expensive lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
I looked at your website and it looks like you could use many different processes for your graphics. Screen print, custom transfers or even custom digital printed transfers for the white shirts. But, because it looks like you want to print the shirts as you sell them, DTG would be the best for all color shirts. But because the cost is out of your budget, if I were you, I would just keep doing what you are doing. I think you have a little money in your pocket and you want to spend it. Why not use a portion of it for marketing and get your sales up. Investing in equipment is not going to get you more sales and more sales are what you need, right now. You can also try a fulfillment service and maybe negotiate a better price on shipping and production. Forgive me, but I don't know what POD is.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
You have a limited budget and you want to do everything. That's not going to happen obviously.

There are two ways to deal with a limited budget situation:
1. Make designs you can produce with what you have.
2. Produce what you can, and outsource the rest.
Obviously you already have designs you cannot print yourself, so option 2 would be the best for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I want to transfer my POD business to locally made shirts.

This is my store 1NTIK.com

I have 3,000$ budget for equipment and I'm really hesitant to choose a specific technique.

My designs are a mix of (1/2) Solid color designs and Full color with gradient.

I have a lot of designs, and I run approximately on 10-25 orders a day.

What equipment would you buy, and what printing technique would you go for if you were in my shoes?

Option 1: Heat press + Vinyl cutter + (17x11)Inkjet printer = Vinyl(solid color) and Inkjet transfers(full color)

(I like this option because it allows me to print according to orders, it fits in budget, but I'm not so sure about the Inkjet transfers)

Option 2: Sublimation (deal breaker most my shirts are Black and have cotton)

Option 3: DTG (Waaay above my current budget)

Option 4: Screen printing (Not sure, especially for full color designs..)

Option 5: Plastisol transfers (never tried it, you tell me)

Option 6: Outsource?

What would you guys do? I would love to hear your feedback.
HI i just read your message, looks like we could discuss a team up, message me if you have time :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would always choose the best quality, so if you want to invest in making your business grow, take the most expensive. Looking at your budget only made from 3000 $, I feel like you will not manage it. I would like you to try investing more as the more you invest, the more you profit. If the money you have is not enough, try managing your budget so you can save for your business. Only quality survives in today's concurrence. When I needed to save money, I used dave ramsey percentages, a suitable method for me, so you must try doing something that would help you save some cash for your affair.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Forget inkjet.

Good luck.
Corel Draw Suite is also offer as a 1 time purchase of $499.

There is also https://www.photopea.com/ which is free

1 - 13 of 13 Posts