T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I took on this job of 300 shirts that will have one design on the front(10 different designs ), the designs have a lot of very thin lines, they will be on white shirts, black ink, with a logo on the back neck on all the shirts, in total I'm looking at 11 screens for this job, the customer does not want her images vectorized just as is,

Since I'm working out of my apartment still & can build my screens for less than 10 bucks I quoted her $10 per screen $5 ink charge per screen so its $165 for set up,& charging her $1.60 for the print in the front & $.40 for the print on the back so total print cost would be $600

Is this a good quote am I charging too much too less? am I missing any variables

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
In my opinion, the backs being only $0.40 per print, that would be lower than contract pricing. $1.60 per print on the front, with an average of probably 30 printers per design is pretty good. Still a little lower than I would have charged, but not much.

· Registered
310 Posts
Recently I took on this job of 300 shirts that will have one design on the front(10 different designs ), the designs have a lot of very thin lines, they will be on white shirts, black ink, with a logo on the back neck on all the shirts, in total I'm looking at 11 screens for this job, the customer does not want her images vectorized just as is,

Since I'm working out of my apartment still & can build my screens for less than 10 bucks I quoted her $10 per screen $5 ink charge per screen so its $165 for set up,& charging her $1.60 for the print in the front & $.40 for the print on the back so total print cost would be $600

Is this a good quote am I charging too much too less? am I missing any variables

everyone does it a little different...i dont break it down for the customer as far as every little charge, i think it only makes them think too much about what fees you are charging and how they can try to go anywhere else so they dont have to pay them fees, i look at the job and i make a over all price...so in your situation I would charge about 6 bucks a shirt if they used a shirt like a gildan 2000...so you can say to them "hey i dont charge any setup fees, or chemical fees, or screen fees...i will do the complete job for $1800!" everyone is different though...in the past i use to charge fees but i had a lady contact me and i told her everything about all the fees and she just got confused and then she called a buddy of mine and he gave her a flat fee that was more than what i charge and she went with him, and not knowing we knew each other she told him that the other guy she talked to was talking about fees and she had no idea on what i was talking about...lol...so i think most people do not understand all the fees and just want the bottom line. just my 2 cents...also congrats on getting the job!

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I just broke down all the prices because the total cost of the job was about 1700 so I didn't want her to think I'm trying to come up, I think I'm gonna just give then the price from now on & if they get a heart attack our something I'll break it down for them, I agree people just want to be told in simple terms thanks guys, so I'm in a fair range for both of us right

· Registered
40 Posts
In screens alone I would guess you have approx 12-15 hours in coating , exposing, and wash out and taping. you time is worth more than $10/screen. You will spend a couple of hours reclaiming these as well. I would charge at least $4.00-4.50/shirt for printing the front and back + the cost of the shirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.