T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to take the letters AVVA make them 3 colors 1/3 top green 1/3 middle yellow and the bottom 1/3 red and then put a outline around the whole thing. I have something that will work, but I know there has to be a much easier way then how I did it.
1st I typed my letters and added the outline
2nd I cropped the letters in 3 different pieces (copy and paste)
3rd I moved each cropped piece on top of the main piece and adjusted until they simi lined up.
PLEASE tell me there is and easier way.
I have corel draw x4.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did this in Illustrator, but use should have something similar in Corel. I typed the letters, made them outlines, added a sharp gradient, then a black stroke. Hope it helps.
Raye

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did this in Illustrator, but use should have something similar in Corel. I typed the letters, made them outlines, added a sharp gradient, then a black stroke. Hope it helps.
Raye
Yeah my son did that but I just can't seem to figure it out in corel .
I'll see how the blend tools works that fatkat suggested.Anymore ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
since your son was able to do it in Illustrator you can save it as an .eps and open it up in Corel.
I can but I have corel x4 and he is always at work ,so I just wanted to learn to do it myself, not to mention he thinks his program is better so i like to be able to show him up. It's all in fun!!!!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I can but I have corel x4 and he is always at work ,so I just wanted to learn to do it myself, not to mention he thinks his program is better so i like to be able to show him up. It's all in fun!!!!!
Make 3 rectangular boxes, one for each color. Then powerclip them into the text. Put an outline around the text. You do it exactly the same in Illustrator as Corel Draw. In Illustrator it would be called a "mask". It's called a "powerclip" in Draw.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I always cringe about the "what software is better" posts. They BOTH can do just about anything.... it depends on the skill of the operator. Pick what you want to use and then learn it!

how did you get 3 colors with the fountain fill? Did you start out with a solid?Thanks
In the Fountain Fill dialog click the "custom" radio button (instead of the default "two color"). Then dbl-click in the color bar where you want to add a color. What's cool is you can SAVE the custom fountain fills to use in any file using the PLUS button. This is especially useful for Chrome or Gold fills that you use all the time, or one that you want to repeat on many objects. HINT#2 - Drop Shadows work the same way. Get one you like and SAVE it!

In this fountain fill I have 6 color points.
RED-RED-YELLOW-YELLOW-GREEN-GREEN

The RED-YELLOW points are close together, practically touching, so that there is a sharp gradient between the colors... otherwise it would be a gradual fade. You may be able to get close just using 4 color points and playing with the edgepad adjustment.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always cringe about the "what software is better" posts. They BOTH can do just about anything.... it depends on the skill of the operator. Pick what you want to use and then learn it!

In the Fountain Fill dialog click the "custom" radio button (instead of the default "two color"). Then dbl-click in the color bar where you want to add a color. What's cool is you can SAVE the custom fountain fills to use in any file using the PLUS button. This is especially useful for Chrome or Gold fills that you use all the time, or one that you want to repeat on many objects. HINT#2 - Drop Shadows work the same way. Get one you like and SAVE it!

In this fountain fill I have 6 color points.
RED-RED-YELLOW-YELLOW-GREEN-GREEN

The RED-YELLOW points are close together, practically touching, so that there is a sharp gradient between the colors... otherwise it would be a gradual fade. You may be able to get close just using 4 color points and playing with the edgepad adjustment.
Sorry to make you cringe, but we only go back and forth out of funny.Thank you for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts