T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This print is a 4 screens/4 color PFP halftone underbase wet on wet last 3 screens. Printed 55LPI 25 Angle <----Tygeron dont look! Oh bought A bunch of frames and mesh pannels from a guy. there were 12 380 pannels since I didnt have enough 305 so I printed these 380 mesh At 35-40 Ncm. The bottom printed same way just a 3 color/3 screens

Reactions: ScreenFoo

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Very nice prints! You must be getting a really nice smooth underbase--you still running the super-reduced 711?

Is 35-40 recommended on those panels?
Not sure if you're running roller mesh or thicker threads or something, but the 390/31 I have isn't tops out the chart at 24 N/cm. You might get addicted to them, and I wanna say the cheapest lines I can get those counts in is still well over thirty bucks a yard... ouch.

I treat them like very thin panes of glass--they're about as durable. I think I popped one by looking at it funny a couple months ago. :rolleyes:

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes on the IC 711. Although this print was 10-15% reduced I should have reduced some more. 380/34 panels 24-38 ncm. I bought them from someone 12 380 panels 6 305 6 230 12 brand new frames and a china meter for under$500. I have tons of frames so I sold the frames sold 1 of my other meters only have $100 into the panels and meter now. I have had those panels for a while and since I only have a manual thought I would never use them. I Acually like the ink control with these 380's. I coated 1/1 with sharp side of coater. Next time I'm trying 1/1 the a second coat on shirt side for a thicker stencil. Side note the 305's I have popped all but 1 the panels didn't have thread count so I think I am over streching. I am also ordering some roller mesh. Sold my streching table last year and now looking to buy one. Bulk roller mesh is still much cheaper than panels.

Also these print used so little ink and have very little feel.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just reprinted the team 4 shirt. Last year I seped with Ultra Seps and afterward it took me hours to combine channels delete data use curve adjustments. This year It was sepped with Simple Seps Raster. Tom Knight helped big time but was seped in about 30-45 min mostly because I was learning. I seped the team 3 by myself in 30 min and will be printing shortly. I think it turned out much better this year. 45 LPI but I exposed the underbase and yellow on 156. The underbase was perfect but the yellow was coated 2/1 and before I couldn't fully expose and was getting too much under cutting so I blew some details off. I used screens I already had coated and was in a time crunch as the race is tomorrow.

The above is original and the bottom is new. I will re upload pic later from computer as ipad is skewing and rotated it.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.