T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've created a spreadsheet to help you price your heat pressed vinyl garments. It includes basic instructions and a sample pricing. It allows you to calculate/estimate your cost of doing business and use this very important number to get an accurate product cost.

The rules of use are simple. If you find a problem you post the fix to the spreadsheet here. If you improve the spreadsheet, you post the spreadsheet here for everyone to use. If you can't abide by the simple rules, don't use it.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. I attached a version compatible with most versions of Excel.

Attachments

· Registered
13 Posts
awesome job!

Im new to the tshirt "biz" ive been doing vinyl decals for almost 2 yrs now. i created a complete pricing "tool" in excel for my own use. i was thinking about making one for tshirts but had no idea where to begin. this helps out A LOT. Im sure ill be tweaking it haha. I will most def post any changes!

Thanks again!!!

· Registered
287 Posts
Brice, I'd suggest a couple other algorithms to find a true price. I don't see any "design time" alotted for the initial time on the PC. Also I think an A,B,C choice of complexity should be allowed for also. We usually take in account for an "A" style design that would mainly be just large text. A "B" design would have more picks with more details. A "C" design would be complex, time consuming, hard to weed layout. The price would increase with each. Just some thoughts....

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brice, I'd suggest a couple other algorithms to find a true price. I don't see any "design time" alotted for the initial time on the PC. Also I think an A,B,C choice of complexity should be allowed for also. We usually take in account for an "A" style design that would mainly be just large text. A "B" design would have more picks with more details. A "C" design would be complex, time consuming, hard to weed layout. The price would increase with each. Just some thoughts....
Actually the spreadsheet as is does this. You can specify the unique time for each of up to 4 layers in the design. I thought about the simple, medium, complex algorithm, but I decided to ask for in put for each element for cutting and weeding. Take another look at the spreadsheet. You CAN specify unique cutting and weeding time for each part of the design.

I should tweak the sheet and allow for an overall "design"element. That is a good idea.

· Registered
13 Posts

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yes. http://www.t-shirtforums.com/pricing-heat-transfer-heat-pressing-services/t174375.html

you also had a lil miscalculation on the garment comparison sheet. your percentage formula was wrong for the gross profit.

in the selling price cells you had =B14/(1-B11)

it should be =B14*(1+B11) otherwise when you try to put 100% you get a div by 0 error
Actually, my calculation is correct. Gross profit and %markup are two different things. 50% GP = 100% markup. Mine is based on GP. I do need to correct the divide by 0 issue.

GP = (revenue-cost)/revenue
Therefore
Revenue=cost/(1-GP)

Take a look,at the first tab. It explains this.

Gross Profit should never be zero, therefore, my calculation would never have a divide by zero mistake.

A lot of people confuse markup and gross profit. If you try to use gross profit in your calculation, you will grossly undersell yourself.

Gross profit allows you to evaluate your business financiall. Markup does not. I can assure you major retailers price their items based on gross and net profit. They do not use markup in setting prices. Besides, do you want to tell your clients you are making a 100% markup on your sales or a mere 50% gross profit. Which sounds better from a consumer point of view?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.