T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, folks. Newbie to the forum here! ;)

I have two Epson 1400 printers and need to set them up for use in CorelDraw (X3) and Photoshop (CS but converting to CS3 soon). One has an Artanium bulk ink system for sublimation; the other has a Armur bulk ink system for standard printing.

Do I need to install the driver twice, calling one 1400 Sub and the other 14000 Stand (or something similar)?

Within the two programs, how do I format and identify the drivers so I know which to pick?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to your responses.

Susan Moore
Fannish Enterprises: The best buttons, mouse pads, and other neat things around!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes you will have two printers on two different ports, they might as well be called Bob and Joe for all your computer cares, they will not get mixed up by any means if that is what you are worried about.

You can rename them for what they are as well, Install one and name it 1400 SUB, test and get it working fine.

Then install the second one and do the same but name it 1400 Standard or whatever you want too.

Just make sure you are not trying to use the same usb cable for both of them and move it back and forth, as that will cause issues. You can do this, but you have to shut down the printer before unplugging the cable, then make sure the second one is off before plugging it in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah. Yes. Very good point. They will run off the same USB cable/port. I had a dickens of a time finding two Mini USB cables to go from the original printer cable to each printer.

Thanks for telling me that. I'll be sure to shut down the printer before switching to the other. Realistically, I'll shut down the whole system because I probably won't want to make both kinds of transfers in the same sitting.

And, thanks in general for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts