T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got into screenprinting and have just a simple one color press (i.e. clamps on a table). I thought I would be able to do 2 colors no problem, but after 3 or 4 shirts the registration is off. I've used cardboard, sponges, and a couple other things to hold the shirts in place. Does anyone have any ideas or will I just need to upgrade to a four color press? Any advice is appreciated

Max

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the biz. Unfortunately this will be in the "lessons learned" catagory of your screen printing memoirs. I started my business in January and I began with a four color one station press. I really need to upgrade to a six station press now. I'll have to start saving for that one!
A one color press is exactly that. If you want to do more than one color you need to get a press that can accomodate you.

Sorry to give the bad news.
Don't get rid of your one color press though. There have been many times I could have turned around an order overnight or faster if my four color press was not full.

I hope you make lots of $$$$$$!!

:)
Virtuous1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Susan,

What amde you go into screen printing ? Did you enter it from an income perspective?
How has the business grown ? Is it what pays yr bills and feeds you now ?

Thinking about purchasing some equipment and going into garment printing also ... but I don't have any experience at all .... how are you finding the learining curve ?

Look forward to a reaply .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts