T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my first test project, very happy with the results.
I used an Epson printer with CIS and ink from Cobra Ink. Printed on SPP paper and Iron Clad tiles from Conde. Printed from Photoshop with printer settings on Premium Presentation Matte. Pressed at 400 F for 480 seconds tiles facing down. I provide all this because I've seen so many people on the forums having problems with the color black being brownish/purple.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are beautiful! I am VERY new to sublimation and I want to learn as much as I can.
Do you like this printer so far? I have been looking at it, but I haven't talked to an actual person that's using it.
I have been using the Epson WF-7110 with CIS from Cobra Inks since Jan of 2015. I purchased the unit from them with the CIS installed. I have been doing mugs, license plates and shirts with no problems. Had to do a few head cleanings but beyond that it's been smooth sailing.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have been using the Epson WF-7110 with CIS from Cobra Inks since Jan of 2015. I purchased the unit from them with the CIS installed. I have been doing mugs, license plates and shirts with no problems. Had to do a few head cleanings but beyond that it's been smooth sailing.
I second ProArtShirts, same here but I just use the refillable cartridges and ink from Cobra. I highly recommend this setup.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just finished my first test project, very happy with the results.
I used an Epson printer with CIS and ink from Cobra Ink. Printed on SPP paper and Iron Clad tiles from Conde. Printed from Photoshop with printer settings on Premium Presentation Matte. Pressed at 400 F for 480 seconds tiles facing down. I provide all this because I've seen so many people on the forums having problems with the color black being brownish/purple.
These are very awsome. Good pics tooo:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi did you ever try any ink other than cobra, and are you happy with the colors and/or troubleshooting of cobra for the price ?
I checked out the other ink options first and did a lot of research on the industry. The price of the other inks was outrageous so I've only used Cobra. One piece of advice do a regular cleaning of the pads where the ink get dumped during head cleanings. There is also a rubber wiper that the heads move over need to clean that occasionally. I do a nozzle check daily and if it isn't perfect do a head cleaning. Still getting great prints - Photoshop - Premium Presentation Matte - Standard. You don't need to use the HIGH setting in print quality. Standard setting works fine and you'll be using less ink and have fewer issues. In my experience using the High quality print setting dumps way too much ink.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
hi did you ever try any ink other than cobra, and are you happy with the colors and/or troubleshooting of cobra for the price ?
Understand when this was originally posted (2015)there were not many sub inks for Desktop printers due to legal reasons and the ending of SG patents. There are a whole lot more now than back then.
Like many things in our industrialized world it could be some or many of these inks could be from the same place just re branded for the company buying in bulk and reselling...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Understand when this was originally posted (2015)there were not many sub inks for Desktop printers due to legal reasons and the ending of SG patents. There are a whole lot more now than back then.
Like many things in our industrialized world it could be some or many of these inks could be from the same place just re branded for the company buying in bulk and reselling...
If anyone knows of a USA based wholesaler please PM me.

Cobra Ink is made in the USA - a lot of dye sub ink available on Amazon and elsewhere that is made in China.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.