T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my M5 has been running great for the last few months. I did have a few minor issues but all resolved. The maintenance station was replaced because it was not seating right and the motion board also replaced (rev 1 to rev3). There is a defiant learning curve for use and cleaning. Once you have them figured out this machine is a beast... Very happy with the M5

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good Deal...

Same here, been having good results the last few weeks, I have probably run 1500+ shirts thru the machine so far. The more we print the better we seem to get at it, there are many things you learn from each order and design.

Still perfecting the darks, have not dome as many of those yet, but we are doing more and getting consistant results.

Doing our first set of red shirts, the heat press color change freaked me out the first time I saw that, but it does seem to fade away.

·
Vendor
43 Posts
Good Deal...

Same here, been having good results the last few weeks, I have probably run 1500+ shirts thru the machine so far. The more we print the better we seem to get at it, there are many things you learn from each order and design.

Still perfecting the darks, have not dome as many of those yet, but we are doing more and getting consistant results.

Doing our first set of red shirts, the heat press color change freaked me out the first time I saw that, but it does seem to fade away.

I remember the first time I heat pressed a red shirt :)
Thanks for the feedback on your printers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well my M5 has been running great for the last few months. I did have a few minor issues but all resolved. The maintenance station was replaced because it was not seating right and the motion board also replaced (rev 1 to rev3). There is a defiant learning curve for use and cleaning. Once you have them figured out this machine is a beast... Very happy with the M5
How many prints did you have before your motion board and maintenance station went bad? I'm hoping I don't go past my year warranty before mine may go out. I don't have but maybe 400 prints. Also is there a way to check the print count?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many prints did you have before your motion board and maintenance station went bad? I'm hoping I don't go past my year warranty before mine may go out. I don't have but maybe 400 prints. Also is there a way to check the print count?
Not many prints at all! We caught the problem very early. I got one of the early M5s.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
hey all uncletee here. I do sublimation, but get asked all the time for dark shirts. anyone want to give me a quote "wholesale" for DTG tees,sweats, etc. I will be glad to do sublimation shirts for anybody also. have a nice day uncletee. P.S. I'm in Michigan.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've gotten a lot of questions on how I've does so much business with shirts (well I’ve done more than just shirts, like a ton of bags, polo’s, apron, and on and on…). My back ground is in commercial printing for 20+ years the last 10 in which I train hundreds and hundreds of customer in the mid-Atlantic area. I trained from the Mom and Pop shops all the way to RR Donnelly, World Color, Cadmus high end image setters and Plate setters. This is my first business which is only one and half years old. I’m in located on the lower Eastern Shore of VA in a town of 1200 full time people and in a county of 13,000 residents and to boot the poorest in Virginia. My main business is a full service sign shop for CNC routed signs, full color printed/cut vinyl (plane cut vinyl too), tons of labels for all different products, coraplast signs, Banners, so on. I wanted to expand my business to the next level so I bit the bullet and went DTG. One of the first things I did was to join all 3 Chamber of Commerce when I started my business. And being a member I was able to do email blast to all the members. That helped out my sign business in a big way. The main reason I went DTG is I was worried about keeping enough work in the shop during the winter months because this is not a huge area for business. Well I found out real quick I had very little competition in both sign and short run shirt business. Being a member of the Chamber around here is great because they only do business with members first before subbing out. So when there is a bike-a-thon or whatever is going on I get the call to quote on the job, and being the only company that can do signs and shirts I get the job. Also word of mouth has been key for my business and believe it or not Facebook has also been huge. By the way I'm a one man shop (but I do hire Temp help from time to time)

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's awesome! I'm glad to here it. I can say I'm in a similar situation as far as type of business and little competition. but I have not advertised my machine at all as of now due to the many complications with it. I hope to change that soon and get this printer to start printing money! What are your turn around times on most jobs?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's awesome! I'm glad to here it. I can say I'm in a similar situation as far as type of business and little competition. but I have not advertised my machine at all as of now due to the many complications with it. I hope to change that soon and get this printer to start printing money! What are your turn around times on most jobs?

Depends on how busy I am and the size of the job.

2-3 days normal, sometimes a week for big jobs

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
this is all such great info, i am glad you guys are sharing information. if you guys can give me some feedback on webinars that we can do to help you in anyway please give me some requests.
Paul it seems to me you guy should do a maintenance webinar. I'm fine with the maintenance (I'm a one MAN shop) but there seem to be a lot of companies that are not fine. For instance getting air out of the lines, cleaning around the print heads (what it should look like) etc. etc...

By the way I'm at 3015 Prints as of today

·
Registered
405 Posts
Paul it seems to me you guy should do a maintenance webinar. I'm fine with the maintenance (I'm a one MAN shop) but there seem to be a lot of companies that are not fine. For instance getting air out of the lines, cleaning around the print heads (what it should look like) etc. etc...

By the way I'm at 3015 Prints as of today

Yes, I would loveto see that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.