T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a returning client who wants a 16 colour graphic placed on medium coloured 100% cotton shirts. In the past I have used DTG but have sold my machine because it was sitting too much. I am wondering if sending the tees out to be silk screened would be more cost effective than using the Imageclip for darks transfers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi This is the problem, it is about 120 shirts ranging in sizes y medium to a xxl. You would probably need two screens.:)

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The price for 16 colors, 2 set ups would be way too much. Even at $15 per screen, that's 32 screens. Bare minimum is $4 extra per shirt and that doesn't count setup charges, etc.

I would think an order like that would be best used in DTG or transfers. ImageClip may work as would other types of transfers. Either way, I think screen printing would be pretty high in cost, especially as someone who is more of a reseller and no the printer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I figured that the screens would be expensive but not quite that pricey. I have no idea what is involved in screening and the costs. I think I'll try a sample of the image clip and see if it works. If not they will have to pay for outsourcing the screens, maybe cutting the number of colours down will also be beneficial.
Thks for your time

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Thanks for the info. I figured that the screens would be expensive but not quite that pricey. I have no idea what is involved in screening and the costs. I think I'll try a sample of the image clip and see if it works. If not they will have to pay for outsourcing the screens, maybe cutting the number of colours down will also be beneficial.
Thks for your time
16 colors is a lot for a shirt. Oftentimes, printers will do a spot process job. They would most likely be able to get a high end shirt down to about 9 colors. Of course, the 2 sizes makes it hard. Youth Medium can get about a 12" to 12.5" design left to right and still look good. It depends on the platen size. If someone is using 14" platens, then the YM shirt will fit and the design would still look good on a 2X shirt. So it is possible and the costs wouldn't be near as much for setup. It's a give and take situation. And oftentimes, the reaction of the customer to the high setup costs will make their decision for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts