T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've recently announced a transition in our Fashion Film heat transfer vinyl product from 19" wide rolls to 15" wide. With this we actually added a few colors to the range, including neon shades - and launched a manufacturer direct price promotion for the new width. Here is a link to it on our website: http://stahls.com/heat-transfer-material-fashion-film

The product meets a lot of the demands of folks cutting high detailed graphics in that it has a high tack sticky carrier. We hope it will address the needs of forum members that want a good value, soft finish material from us with a sticky backing. You can view the details on this video:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDz9ksSRdkI[/MEDIA]

***For a limited time we are filling some colors in 19" at the 15" price until the 19" quantity is depleted in inventory. You'll realize the extra material advantage as long as your cutter can accommodate the width. Unfortunately we cannot give specifics as to what quantities and colors are being shipped like this. Also, please note that while 1 yd cuts are available and priced competitive, the special pricing is for 5y rolls or larger.

· Registered
887 Posts
Josh,

I recently received a bunch of CAD-Cut samples from Stahls and -- for the most part -- loved them. The ones that stood out were the Pebble Puff, Carbon Fiber, Premium Plus, Super Film and CCH2O.

I am looking at getting a vinyl cutter. What specifications are most important? (What is a good cutting speed? What is a good downforce? I know I want to be able to do contour cutting, works with Corel Draw X3 and has a servo motor.)

Also, if I want to test "real world" designs with vinyl, can I order my next 1 or 2 color design from Stahl's and have it come pre-weeded? Is there a minimum order?

Thanks!

P.S. I really like your videos. They are very informative.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Josh,

I recently received a bunch of CAD-Cut samples from Stahls and -- for the most part -- loved them. The ones that stood out were the Pebble Puff, Carbon Fiber, Premium Plus, Super Film and CCH2O.

I am looking at getting a vinyl cutter. What specifications are most important? (What is a good cutting speed? What is a good downforce? I know I want to be able to do contour cutting, works with Corel Draw X3 and has a servo motor.)

Also, if I want to test "real world" designs with vinyl, can I order my next 1 or 2 color design from Stahl's and have it come pre-weeded? Is there a minimum order?

Thanks!

P.S. I really like your videos. They are very informative.
Thanks for the comments, and glad you liked our products!

The most important specs on a vinyl cutter can be debated...I have the Roland GX-24 (which we sell) and have found it reliable, and able to cut all that I have thrown at it, including our films, PS Twill, rhinestone template material and printed graphics via contour cutting with optic eye. There are other units that compare, but if you want to move forward with Stahls' then this one is supported and we have video training for it. It does have a servo motor as well and is compatible with CADWORXLive.com design software which is free to our customers.

Yes, you can order custom cut designs from us that come pre-weeded and ready to apply. Feel free to PM me or call with any additional questions on cutters! Thanks.

· Registered
33 Posts
I do wish fashion film was still available in 19-20". That's mostly what I order from the other 2 manufacturers. It's nice for koozies so you're not wasting as much vinyl...

I have a question though- how is dye mitigation on the fashion film? I've used darker colors and silver. I need white on dark next but I loved the feel of the fashion film over easy weed but liked that you could "see" it better for weeding. Please advise.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
I do wish fashion film was still available in 19-20". That's mostly what I order from the other 2 manufacturers. It's nice for koozies so you're not wasting as much vinyl...

I have a question though- how is dye mitigation on the fashion film? I've used darker colors and silver. I need white on dark next but I loved the feel of the fashion film over easy weed but liked that you could "see" it better for weeding. Please advise.
Fashion Film is a thinner material so it will not block dyes as well as a thicker film such as Thermo Film. That said it does pretty well as a thin film.

· Registered
33 Posts
Thank you for the feedback ... I like it better than some of the thicker films from what I've tried. How does the silver do on black does anyone know? I tried it on black koozies a while back and it seemed ok- but I've not tried on black shirts. I'm hoping it's the same and looks sharp...

· Registered
1,882 Posts
Thank you for the feedback ... I like it better than some of the thicker films from what I've tried. How does the silver do on black does anyone know? I tried it on black koozies a while back and it seemed ok- but I've not tried on black shirts. I'm hoping it's the same and looks sharp...
You should not have any problems with the silver on a black garment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.