T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Artisan 1430 printer with XPRO iii dye. I print on sublimation paper and light/dark transfer paper. Recently, the ink is bleeding when it prints - but only blue! I typically use Inkscape to print from using a Mac.

I have tried:

- changing from Ultru Premium Presentation Matte to Premium Photo paper glossy. --fail

- make sure "High Speed Printing" is OFF

- cleaned print heads multiple times and test print looks perfect

What else can I try to get this under control. It happens with all kinds of papers but its worse on the light/dark transfer paper.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is the paper cockling or is the color just going beyond where it should? You have an image of what you're experiencing so we can better help you?

Are you using an ink vendor driver or the 1430 driver? If you're using the 1430 driver, you may just want to use Plain Paper setting or go into your color management/color mode and turn down the cyan.

I have only ONE image from a client that uses hot pink in one of her designs and I have to use the 1430 driver to up the magenta to get it close to what is acceptable. Those settings do help with putting more or less ink on paper.

Maybe show us the bleeding on paper and maybe the image, if possible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the paper cockling or is the color just going beyond where it should? You have an image of what you're experiencing so we can better help you?

Are you using an ink vendor driver or the 1430 driver? If you're using the 1430 driver, you may just want to use Plain Paper setting or go into your color management/color mode and turn down the cyan.

I have only ONE image from a client that uses hot pink in one of her designs and I have to use the 1430 driver to up the magenta to get it close to what is acceptable. Those settings do help with putting more or less ink on paper.

Maybe show us the bleeding on paper and maybe the image, if possible?
Thanks for responding!! I am attempting to attach a photo to show you what is happening.

It looks like I am using the Epson Artisan 1430 Series Driver. My hubby set all this up for me so I don't know if he installed a driver for XPRO iii.

I am on a Mac - how would I turn down the cyan setting? I typically print in inkscape.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought it may be the print head. I did remove it & cleaned it, but it didnt help.Tks.
I did increase pressure on head press. But it did'nt help. I see the bleeding, or looks like overspray around the artwork on transfer paper after I print it out. I've changed to different settings on the printer. I remove head & cleaned, but still does same thing. Not sure if I need to change printers or replace print head.Tks.

·
Banned
246 Posts
Cleaning the head will not solve that issue. Taking a look at your picture again it brings back memories and none good. Notice how the overspray is not consistent around the entire border? On yours it is most noticeable diagonally. Again we had this issue years back on a wide format - tried everything every adjustment, etc. When the tech arrived it was pretty quickly pronounced DOA. Hopefully not your case but that was the issue in ours.

By the way - when doing t-shirts ALWAYS use light pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.