T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any experience with a 1300 psi pressure washer? is that going to clear out my screens?
Its only 50$, so its not gonna break the bank, but any help would......Help!

·
Registered
227 Posts
ffokazak said:
Do you have any experience with a 1300 psi pressure washer? is that going to clear out my screens?
Does it come with an adjustable nozzle? 1300 psi is enough to rip your screens.

A pressure washer will help you with washout as well it gives a nice even fan spray..
I start with the pressure turned as low as it will go... no more pressure then the average garden hose... the fine fan spray does a good job... then i slowly kick it up..

after you've ruined a couple screen burns...you'll find just the right amount...

On reclaiming screens I use alot of pressure but nowhere near what its capable of..

Too much and you'll risk ripping the screen.... With all that said a pressure washer is a great addition...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So yeah. i think i can safely say this will work perfectly. I got out stuff that i thought would never come out. On reclaims, it cleared them out, first pass, perfectly. Im no sure if 1300 psi is in fact going to rip the screens, though. I am using it on full blast, and tried it on an oldie, of course, but it didnt seem to damage it at all. The i stepped up to my brand new screens, and it works like a dream. Anyways, i would reccomend checking you local buy and sell, and picking one up. For 50 $ the time saved is priceless. Well, i guess its COULD be 50$ but you get my drift! thanks guys.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ffokazak said:
So yeah. i think i can safely say this will work perfectly. I got out stuff that i thought would never come out. On reclaims, it cleared them out, first pass, perfectly. Im no sure if 1300 psi is in fact going to rip the screens, though. I am using it on full blast, and tried it on an oldie, of course, but it didnt seem to damage it at all.
Good deal...... Glad its working out for you.... went and looked at the data plate on mine after last post and mine is 2800 psi.... I'm sure 1300 will be plenty....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Squirts said:
Does it come with an adjustable nozzle? 1300 psi is enough to rip your screens....
I have never seen a pressure washer rip a screen in 20 years of screen printing.
I have visited over 350 different printers in the last 6 years, in my sales job and have never heard of it.
I would serously doubt that you would ever rip a qualty mesh with a pressure washer in normal use.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If you have good water pressure, a hose and a thumb over the end will do the trick.

·
Registered
227 Posts
fizz said:
I have never seen a pressure washer rip a screen in 20 years of screen printing.
I have visited over 350 different printers in the last 6 years, in my sales job and have never heard of it.
I would serously doubt that you would ever rip a qualty mesh with a pressure washer in normal use.
Crank up the pressure and you'll see it..... with a flat fan spray at high pressure its like a knife, not only will it cut a screen it will cut YOU TOO!! Haha!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
fizz said:
In normal use is probably key though.

I was particularly warned that if your screen already has a hole in it the pressure washer can catch that hole and tear it further. Haven't experienced it myself (even when washing out old crappy screens), but I was told to be wary of it.

I'm guessing that holes in screens is one of those things where a large shop would re-mesh the screen without hesitation, and a small shop would say to themself "Just how bad is that hole?" so it's relevance is going to vary from printer to printer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Solmu said:
I was particularly warned that if your screen already has a hole in it the pressure washer can catch that hole and tear it further. Haven't experienced it myself (even when washing out old crappy screens), but I was told to be wary of it.
I have ripped two screens with the pressure washer... However this thread makes it sound like a bigger deal then it really is.... If the screen is fairly clear of emulsion its not gonna happen.... theres just not enough resistance for the spray to be able to cut the mesh.... however if a large patch of THICK emulsion is hit with Very High Pressure it can start the rip before the emulsion starts to break free... this is what happened to me both times... Lesson learned.... I start at lower pressure untill screen is starting to clear good... then crank pressure up to eliminate the small problem spots when necessary.... But Like I said it sounds worse then it is... Its not a big deal .... Just comman sense... if you hit the emulsion with a thin very high pressure spray.... before the emulsion has had a chance to start to liquify well its just like turning it on a piece of cardboard same result..... nice slice right thru your screen....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts