T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm looking for a Laser printer so i can do heat transfers and want at least 13" wide media and under 1000$ something similar to the OKI c831 Ive done a lil research and heard that hp lasers don't hold as good, Has anyone had any experience with a decent laser printer for that price?

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think you are gonna find a sub $1k 13" tabloid laser. They are proud of these. Probably around 3k for 13". 11x17,s around 1600.00

CalhTech>
yeah i could probably deal with the 11x17 and be happy, do you think their is an alternative printer? what i want to achieve is print on black garments and ive read that laser paper is the best application (other than dtg) are their any older modles of an 11x17 from oki that would work?

· Registered
825 Posts
yeah i could probably deal with the 11x17 and be happy, do you think their is an alternative printer? what i want to achieve is print on black garments and ive read that laser paper is the best application (other than dtg) are their any older modles of an 11x17 from oki that would work?
This is a daunting task at best. DARK garments are a nightmare unless you screen print, dtg, or some type vinyl application. FYI, I ruined a perfectly good laser printer using transfer paper. I had a 2 month old Samsung and the paper stuck to the fuser. It was to costly to repair so I threw it in the garbage! You must adhere (no pun) to strict guide lines for PAPER and PRINTER. After perusing these forums for a couple of years I decided I would wait till something better comes along for dark transfers. I now screen print, apply vinyl and use inkjet JPSS for whites or lites. If you'll keep searching these forums you will see what I am talking about. That's why if you are going to do this, you must use a reliable paper and printer combination. Others have had marginal success with other printers but very few. Good luck in your continued search.
CalhTech>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.