T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer who is complaining about my pricing so I want opinions.
12000 stitch logo with puffed text
Hat blanks cost me $5.75 plus shipping

He ordered 30 hats. I told him $14 ea which I thought was low for that quantity.

· Registered
2,007 Posts
Puff costs more all the way around than flat embroidery. Puff material and more thread. There are always those who will think your prices will be too high. Frankly I would rather be going broke doing nothing than working my *** off.

· Registered
278 Posts
Seems like a great price. I'd be at $16.85/ea. I've never done puff before and am fairly new to embroidery. I'd mark up the hats 55% ($9.10/hat) and embroidery would be $5.75 for 12k then an added $2 for the puff.

· Registered
78 Posts
Your price actually seems a little low for puff. I get $4.25/cap from my wholesale client for caps with puff, regardless of stitch count. My customer turns around and charges $9 just of the embroidery and $8-$10 for the cap. He does a high volume and is actually the most reasonably price sporting goods stores in our area.

When figuring a price, the first thing you have to consider is how many heads are you working with. A single head will take a lot longer to do 30 caps than a 4 head.

Next is stitch count. Normal is $1 per 1000 stitches. That alone would make the price of the embroidery $12. Then, you need to add at least $2/cap for the puff and all the hassles that go with puff embroidery.

I know I shouldn't do this, but easy customers get a better price on large quantities than difficult ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.