T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for a screen printer (prefer the east coast) that can print 75 shirts (5 designs) as quick as one week. I am in a rush to introduce these shirts. I will order more shirts and introduce more designs. Our designs are fairly simple and 3 color designs max. I need a printer that can offer me low minimums and no set up charges/fees. Etc.

Please message me.

Thank you,

Alban

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: 100 Shirts/5 designs - One week turnaround.

I doubt you will get much response to this.

5 designs over 75 pcs with no setups? If you do find someone that will do that they won't be around to service you six months from now - no one can stay in business not charging setups (or amortizing them into their final price) for this few a pcs and this many setups. You may find that having this done with a direct to garment machine is more feasible.

Good luck to you, but you need to be a little more realistic I think - printers are in business to make money too, and setups are when the press doesn't run. When the press doesn't run you aren't making money - we only charge setups to cover our costs not to make money on them.

Not trying to be harsh, just telling it like it is :)

Dave

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I doubt you will get much response to this.

5 designs over 75 pcs with no setups? If you do find someone that will do that they won't be around to service you six months from now - no one can stay in business not charging setups (or amortizing them into their final price) for this few a pcs and this many setups. You may find that having this done with a direct to garment machine is more feasible.

Good luck to you, but you need to be a little more realistic I think - printers are in business to make money too, and setups are when the press doesn't run. When the press doesn't run you aren't making money - we only charge setups to cover our costs not to make money on them.

Not trying to be harsh, just telling it like it is :)

Dave
I have dealt with printers that do not offer set ups charges?

·
Registered
171 Posts

True, but that doesn't mean you are paying them disguised into the out the door price you are getting.

One way or another those charges get charged, whether their shown that way or not. I guess that is what I was saying.

Dave

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Just so there's no ambiguity, you mean 100 shirts / 5 designs = 20 shirts per design, and not 100 shirts X 5 designs = 500 total shirts, right?

If it's the former, I agree with Dave. At 20 shirts per there'll certainly be printers who'll be happy to take your order if it were under normal circumstances - but as a rush order, with no rush charges, or even setup fees? Not likely (and if they do, it's not a good sign).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just so there's no ambiguity, you mean 100 shirts / 5 designs = 20 shirts per design, and not 100 shirts X 5 designs = 500 total shirts, right?

If it's the former, I agree with Dave. At 20 shirts per there'll certainly be printers who'll be happy to take your order if it were under normal circumstances - but as a rush order, with no rush charges, or even setup fees? Not likely (and if they do, it's not a good sign).
20 shirts per design yes.

I believe that the usual price break is 24 shirts. I might push that if there is a good price involved.

I am keeping my options open. You know the requirements. If you think this is something you can do, let me know. We can work on the details.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

True, but that doesn't mean you are paying them disguised into the out the door price you are getting.

One way or another those charges get charged, whether their shown that way or not. I guess that is what I was saying.

Dave
Well I would hope the printer gets paid some way some how.

That's why they are in business :p

·
Registered
71 Posts

Really depends on the run. We do offer lower minimums than most other shirt printers. But Setup fees are a must, as the screens take time to make and care goes into inspection of the screen to insure that translation of the artwork you send is what you want.

Just like the dude above mentioned, if a shop doesn't charge you a setup fee.. more than likely the price is inclusive somwhere in the bill. Same as buying a car. They tell you that you are getting cash back or 0% interest.. but look at the bottom line.

i'll be happy to go over a solution with you if you wanna hit me back as you may have a few options on how to attack this that will work for you.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts

Unless I am misreading things, you want the best price like you would get with a large order, you want no setup fees like you would get with a large order, you just don't have a large order. Oh, and you want a rush job with no extra expense for it being a rush job.

Why don't you ask them to pay you to do the work while you are at it?

For the pre-conditions you are setting, you might be better off finding a DTG printer to handle your order.... Then you can see if your designs are worth purchasing in large quantities where you would get the pricing you are interested in.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

Now that we've already covered the realism in the request, let's try to keep this thread clear :)

Some printers may not do this type of work, some may do this type of work.

Let's leave this thread for people who may want to work with kapedano. At least now if there are no leads, he knows why printers may not be responding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts