T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In earlier post I asked why don't local screen printers print
plastisol transfers for local tee shirt sellers(no answer) If you
could get even close to the silver mountains etc. it seems you would have another source of revenue. Lets try this question:
if I brought to you a one color front design and wanted 100
dark shirts, blue ink printed( my shirts ) what would you charge? Trying to find out if it would be possible to use local printer instead of going to on-line printer. I want to design and sell to all the usual suspects, schools, churches, businesses etc. I would much prefer to give business to locals as opposed to the on-line guys. Just need approximate cost, I live in the mid west.
:DThanks for any help

· Registered
21 Posts
@kenny G its so easy to say it but as a screen printer my self it is very hard to do small orders like that and keep it in a good price because we still have to do all the prep stuff and that costs us time and money. that's why we charge a set up fee which can be waived if your make bigger orders.

· Registered
248 Posts
Is your art all camera ready so that I can send it directly to film positive?
Or does it need much tweaking?

I wouldn't do transfers. I'd quote you $1/shirt for a 1 color/1 location and a $25 screen setup fee to cover the cost and labor to print a film positive, expose, wash out the screen, clean and reclaim it at the end of the job.

· Registered
3,145 Posts
I think the reason local printers don't do transfers for this is because it's just as much work to print a transfer as it is to print a shirt (well maybe the shirts take a little longer because of the folding...) but then you need to take the time to heat press them all. Faster and easier to direct print.

Out of town printers do transfers because they're much cheaper to ship than T-shirts.

· Registered
1,036 Posts
Dark shirts with blue ink. I'd be adding an under base to this as well especially if it were a light blue ink.

Reactions: phatdaddy
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.