T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody install cut vinyl on plex with the plex still on the light box. i have a 12' x 5' sign i have to do with translucent vinyl. its about 10' up and really dont want to remove plex if i dont have to. im a newbie so sorry if i sound dumb. my guess is there is no way other than to bring it down, install vinyl and put it back. just wondering if anybody has installed it without removing the plex

i will be renting a two person lift, abot 200 a day. i will also use it for two other installs that day, hopefully that is. i have attached a file of the artwork, i will be using oracal 8500 or 8300. any ideas what i should charge

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think the time to take it down will be worth it, it's so much easier to put the vinyl on whlie it's flat and if the weather is bad you can move indoors. It's not hard to remove, some just slide out when clips are removed.

As for charging I don't know where you are but make sure you include all costs and charge a decent hourly rate.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You can do if hanging up but it is a pain in butt.
Well worth it do bring down.
Hourly rate should be about 70 bucks and you wanna charge 55 an hour for design work and a nice little mark up for vinyl.
Like for that install I charge around 250 or 300 atleast and maybe another 50 for install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts