T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Pigmented Sublimation Ink?”

So, I recently started sublimation printing. I purchased my first ink set from Inkuten via amazon (sawgrass is way to expensive) however, this ink was titled [4x100ml INKUTEN Premium Pigmented Sublimation ink for WF-3620 WF-3640 WF-7110 WF-7620 WF-7110 WF-2760 WF-2630 WF-7610 C88 C88+ Highest Quality Korean-Made]
It says pigmented sublimation ink. From reading these forums, I know there’s a difference. I’m trying to sub. On polyester- not heat transfer on cotton (which is what pigmented ink is for) the company is on vacation (likely till New Years) and won’t answer my questions. I just want to know if this is for sublimation printing or, heat transfer! I’m new to this and very confused on to what this is, and eager and semi-impatient to start printing. However, I heard that putting anything other than sublimation ink in a printer that you want to sublimation print out of will ruin it. I don’t know if that’s true either. If any one knows anything about this please help me out! Thanks.

· Administrator
18,442 Posts
Re: “Pigmented Sublimation Ink?”

Other types of ink will not ruin your sublimation printer, but you don't want to load up your printer with the ink if you think its not the correct type.

What you can do is simply take an eyedropper or syringe (if they came with your inks) and place a drop or two on your sublimation transfer paper then smear it. When dry, the ink should look dull and off colored.

Then take a scrap piece of polyester and press it. If the color comes out vibrant then you know you have sublimation. If it doesn't come out at all, or hardly at all, then you probably have the wrong ink.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.