T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have '3' sections to my shop.

They are US, EU and UK.

The US part leads to spreadshirt.com where the prices are in US$ and I presume the t-shirts are made in the US.

The EU and UK shops both lead to the same spreadshirt.net store where my prices are in £ and I presume the t-shirts are made in Germany or something.

What I would like to know is, what happens when someone in the EU buys one of my t-shirts? Are the prices converted to € before they finish at the checkout or do they just get charged £ then their credit card converts it for them?

ditto for the US shop as I would like to sell to Australia (albeit with the huge postage charges!).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Huge postage? What do they charge? You can send internationally for only a dollar or two more than internal.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Normally you get charged in the currency listed, and it's automatically converted by your credit card company (with a fee of varying percentages, often low, normally invisible). My bank has started charging me a fee on top of the fee Visa charge, because they are bastards. But currency conversion is made a pretty painless process for the consumer, so it's probably not something you need to worry about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Solmu said:
Normally you get charged in the currency listed, and it's automatically converted by your credit card company (with a fee of varying percentages, often low, normally invisible). My bank has started charging me a fee on top of the fee Visa charge, because they are bastards. But currency conversion is made a pretty painless process for the consumer, so it's probably not something you need to worry about.
and presumably if I make the changes to my site as discussed in another thread, I could add 'approx. AUS$' prices to each t-shirt to give my lovely upside down friends such as yourself an idea of the price.:)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Not such as myself (I can easily calculate that in my head), but yes... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts