[TEXJET] Texjet echo printer - New year, new problems - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

[TEXJET] Texjet echo printer - New year, new problems

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 25th, 2019 Apr 25, 2019 5:25:57 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Angry Texjet echo printer - New year, new problems

Hi guys. Since november/december (I don't remember correctly) we had to change some parts of printer. (ink system, head, capping station).

Everything was fine, colors was great, but since April, we got so much problems. Red,purple, pink /every color what uses magenta/ was turning to black, blue... something between. I tried to clean head, capping station, clean it via head cleaning, powerful cleaning. Other colors are fine, nozzle check is perfect... Then I found out. The cyan is leaking to magenta from the start to half of graphic. Cartridges are fine, I got only one idea, and that is, the head is damaged. I tried to print magenta square right above the graphic design I want to print and vuoala. The leaking ugly-ish color is only on the square. So we called service and we think it's really the head problem, but the head is new. Is it normal ?

I don't know, my boss doesn't want to pay 1000Euros for the new head that only last for a half of year... How to avoid this problem in the future ? Service says it was probably bad piece from the factory and it's not our mistake, but it's on us to pay for it.

Have you ever had problem head like this ? What causes it ? Really it doesn't have another solution like repair ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2019 Apr 29, 2019 11:22:41 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Texjet echo printer - New year, new problems

Hello Nicki,

It is not normal to change head in such sort time but it's better if you measure the lifetime of the head from total prints and not time. How many total prints have yo done since the time it was changed.

From our experience heads are very seldom the source of the problem but something else clogged it. When colors are mixing it is usually starting from either the capping station or the cartridge that doesn't work properly.

Old April 30th, 2019 Apr 30, 2019 2:21:59 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi,
just about 150-200 prints, not much I think. The capping station and head is very clean (I'm cleaning it with cleaner and isopropyl when needed)

But I remember, when I was ill about two months, one of our new employee want to try work with the printer without reading manual what I wrote about it and said something about magenta cartridge was leaking after pulling out from printer. Can this be the reason why it started ?

I was looking at cartridge, especially this one, but it seems okay

Old May 1st, 2019 May 1, 2019 9:36:51 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hello Nicki,

its not recommended to use isopropyl for long periods of time, as it hardens and eventually deforms the rubber parts of the capping station. It is used for short time and when white nozzles are not open.

It could have started from the cartridge but not sure if the leaking was the sign we are looking. Sometimes due to high pressure inside the cartridge if you pull it, small drops leak from the front.

This is a discussion about Texjet echo printer - New year, new problems that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in