[TEXJET] printing smoke (transparency) on dark t-shirt on textjet - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

[TEXJET] printing smoke (transparency) on dark t-shirt on textjet

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 10th, 2019 Feb 10, 2019 3:15:43 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: vic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default printing smoke (transparency) on dark t-shirt on textjet

hi,

i am trying to print the attached image - lighter coloured smoke on dark background/t-shirt, on my texjet echo using photoshop and polyprint rip7.

the magic wand plus polyprint dump background action plus polyprint white mask generation didn't get me too far, the white mask becoming a uniform gray area puctuated by lighter highlights.

i have tried another approach in the image preparation: removed the background (inverted the image, applied killwhite filter, then inverted back) and was indeed left with a layer with varying levels of opacity blending into a transparent background.

i would appreciate any opinions on the best approach (image preparation, white mask generation, best rip software, printer settings), to get - if at all possible - the desired result: various opacity levels of white blending into the backgroung (dark fabric, in this case).

thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2019 Feb 11, 2019 5:22:50 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: printing smoke (transparency) on dark t-shirt on textjet

Hello Vicmusat,

I can't see the image attached. Will Pm you to get more details

Old March 10th, 2019 Mar 10, 2019 1:01:52 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: vic

kostas, thanks a lot for your help.

Old 6 Hours Ago May 23, 2019 5:24:36 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Mahlon

Trying the demo of KOTHARI NEO PRINT sold to be by All American Print Supply. I was sold on my first print. I am Riding out the 14 day trial and pulling the trigger on buying it, you INSTANTLY notice the super detail in the underbase. The gradients and smoke prints WAY better than Garment Creator. Not even close. The colors are more vibrant too. Here is a tip, dial down the density of the underbase to 75-85%. It seems to have best results.

The colors are more vibrant with NEO Rip software also.

These are side by side comparisons of garment creator and Neo Rip 2

Old 2 Hours Ago May 23, 2019 9:55:43 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Dear Fan Favorite,

please don't post advertising articles. This is a forum to help Texjet users. Kothari software can't be used with Texjet products.

This is a discussion about printing smoke (transparency) on dark t-shirt on textjet that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in