Preatreat and ink - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

Preatreat and ink

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By zerg71
  • 1 Post By siki31
  • 1 Post By siki31
  • 1 Post By siki31
  • 1 Post By zerg71

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2018 Mar 9, 2018 2:11:25 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Preatreat and ink

Hi, could you let me know what inks you people use? at present I am using DP pre & DP ink, I was wondering if anyone started with these products and moved onto different inks for a better print quality
Thank you for any response

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2018 Mar 9, 2018 2:53:32 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: zerg

Default Re: Preatreat and ink

Hi roland,

I also started with DP inks (CMYK+W) and then I moved to Polyprint POWER INKS (CMYK) + DuPont (W). For pretreating I still use DuPont because the white is still DuPont.

What can I say about these inks? Better saturation, better coverage and better washability.

You can try out also FireBird, people say that they're pretty the same as Polyprint POWER INKS. Personally I ASSUME that the only difference is the bottle, sticker and the price. (admin please don't blame me for my thoughts)
roland1 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerg71 For This Useful Post:
roland1 (March 9th, 2018)
Old May 5th, 2018 May 5, 2018 12:58:55 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: siki

Hi
I use FBX100 and FB cmyk with DP white. Everything is much much better than with DP only.
First , 30sec cure time or 90 for W+cmyk, second, washability and total cost at the end.
With my previous machine (not texjet)I used all FB and washability was like screen-print at least. And when I got this new TexJet+adv I was totally disappointed with inks. 180sec cure time and washability, terrible. For 6 months I was convinced I was doing something wrong and then I got my old FB inks left from my previous machine, probably outdated and just mixed it with what was left in the carts and my problem was gone.
Now I plan to change White too but not sure if it will be possible.
roland1 likes this.

Old May 6th, 2018 May 6, 2018 12:58:57 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thx for your replies, so if i change from dupont polyprint inks is there an official process i have to do so that i dont breach the warranty of the printer?
thank you.

Old May 6th, 2018 May 6, 2018 3:51:42 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Well, loosing customers or loosing warranty, that was my dilemma. Happy customer will come again, unhappy customers will close my shop so who cares about the warranty.
I think you can switch to power inks by polyprint without loosing your warranty, you must ask your polyprint representative. FB inks and powerinks are similar, if not the same.
roland1 likes this.

Old May 6th, 2018 May 6, 2018 4:05:48 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

thank you siki, but isnt there some sort of "flushing the system" ?

Old May 6th, 2018 May 6, 2018 4:36:52 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Well, in my case, I was desperate to change something because I was loosing customers, old customers, those used to good quality prints with my old machine, and prints that will not fade after one wash! So I just mixed FB magenta with what was left in the cart. After 1 or 2 power-cleanings all was as usual so I printed red text, squares and.... on white tshirt to see what I did and put it in a washing machine. Problem with fading was gone or less visible. So I ordered a new batch of FB inks and in changed all in the same manner, no flushing , no nothing... but NOT WHITE only CMYK. White DP is still in use!
I couldn't get powerinks so fast and at affordable price, and old FB ink was on my shelf.
Now I have no problems with color fading on white ink and on white Tshirts after few washes and If you use PT for white shirts .... screen print quality.
roland1 likes this.

Old May 6th, 2018 May 6, 2018 4:50:57 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Judging by the various prices of ink here in the uk, (with the help of 00Dave) it appears that Image Armour are hundreds of pounds less expensive, does anyone have any experience with these inks in a texjet? and if so whould i have to use their PT and white, this is an example of the price difference
DTG SWITCH OVER PACK
thank you

Old May 7th, 2018 May 7, 2018 10:38:04 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: zerg

Roland,

I don't know how about CMYK but I read a lot about people issues with IA white ink in Europe (people in the US are happy - different formula? different storage? ). If you use IA inks you should have a WIMS in the printer. Even though, some people using R-JET's (which have WIMS) had some serious clogging problems.

I am curious if IA CMYK will work with DuPont white...
roland1 likes this.

Old May 7th, 2018 May 7, 2018 10:59:50 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thank you Zerg

Old May 22nd, 2018 May 22, 2018 3:26:14 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Does anyone in the UK know where i can Purchase Dupont Precoat PD206PL , accept from Amauk?
thanks

This is a discussion about Preatreat and ink that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in