Texjet Plus printing thin unwanted parrallel lines - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

Texjet Plus printing thin unwanted parrallel lines

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 15th, 2017 Aug 15, 2017 5:45:20 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Texjet Plus printing thin unwanted parrallel lines

My texjet plus is printing unwanted blue, yellow and red thin lines to the right of the main design anyone know whats causing it?

started doing the odd one every few days or so now the problem is getting alot worse

when I turn the machine on first print or so is clear, then they start appearing usually in the top right of the design and eventually down the whole right hand side of the print area , ruining white tees

has already had a new head this year, capping stations, ink assy but no parts replaced in last 3 months, no change of any variables - has been working fine doing 150-250 prints a week just onto light garments mixture of 1c and 2c

my guess is its something to do with carriage assembly, as I had sort of similar issues in the past but had a load of noise with it that time, belt flapping around etc but this time no noise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1.22 MB, 33 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2017 Aug 20, 2017 6:58:40 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Texjet Plus printing thin unwanted parrallel lines

if you have any rust or ink on the head cables or motherboard cables or any metal in the ribbon cable slots that is moved it will cause this, even on the head (metal pieces on the head. Encoder strip or encoder wheel should be clean too

Old August 20th, 2017 Aug 20, 2017 11:12:55 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kostas

Hi keepontruckin,

How is the usb port in the RIP configured? If it is in "auto", then change it to "windows printer" and select again the printer. That should do it.

K.

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 3:20:23 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostaspolyprint
Hi keepontruckin,

How is the usb port in the RIP configured? If it is in "auto", then change it to "windows printer" and select again the printer. That should do it.

K.
thanks for that Kostas - was just about to strip the machine will check the setting now. machine has been fine for 6 months since last major parts were changed - is this a problem that could crop up 6 months later just due to a usb port setting?
olly

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 3:34:19 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi keepontruckin,

It's been known to happen in certain windows systems, and definitely worth checking. If nothing happens, then you should check other hardware causes, most likely something to do with the carriage encoder (either dirty and only needs to be cleaned, or has scratches and will need to be replaced).

K.

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 3:50:38 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

ok thanks again Kostas

I use windows 7 , went to printer properties, looked at printer ports . I am currently on usb007 virtual printer port . There is a "configure" button but I just get an error message saying this option is currently not available.

I cant find a way to set usb settings from within the rip, only through windows printer properties

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 4:08:43 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

This setting has nothing to do with the actual printer settings in windows; you only have to select the proper USB port from within the RIP software. Just navigate to: File-->printers port-->configure and in the drop down menu make sure to select 'windows printer' instead of auto. Then press 'enquire' where you will select the printer from the drop down menu. Click next and finish and you are done.

K.

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 4:22:05 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
This setting has nothing to do with the actual printer settings in windows; you only have to select the proper USB port from within the RIP software. Just navigate to: File-->printers port-->configure and in the drop down menu make sure to select 'windows printer' instead of auto. Then press 'enquire' where you will select the printer from the drop down menu. Click next and finish and you are done.

K.
I dont seem to have that option on my rip:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3903[1].JPG (3.46 MB, 7 views)

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 5:50:43 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I thought you were using the TexjetRIP version 7...

Nevermind then, it seems that you either have a carriage encoder issue (as discussed above), or the worst -and unlikely- case is that the harness cables of the print head are damaged.

If you have ever replaced a print head by yourself before, then the first thing to do is to remove the harness cables from the print head, check their contacts for corrosion or any damage, and then re-insert them making sure that they are sitting straight on the connectors. Power the printer up again and check if it's solved. The bad thing is that even if you can't spot an obvious damage, the harness cables may still be damaged and will need to be replaced. WARNING: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLYPRINT TECHNICIAN FOR THIS JOB AND MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THE POWER CABLE FROM THE PRINTER. Seriously, you may damage the printer otherwise.

K.

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 6:04:36 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

ok Kostas thanks once again will check the harness/print head connection. I have replaced the whole harness myself a couple of years ago trying to eliminate causes of one issue or another I was having at the time, took out a fuse on the mainboard because I didnt unplug the power - still running the same mother board on a jumped fuse!...

last time I had a similarish issue to the one I have now, I resolved it by putting a new carriage assembly and encoder strip in but it may be that refitting the connector to the head at the time resolved the issue.

One other question I have is how much ink (in ml) does a power clean use on texjet plus? and also what would cause the need to do a powerclean everyday? I only have cmyk ink in my machine, no white ink but I never get good nozzle patterns in the morning. I have replaced pump/capping station/heads/ink assy many times its never cured it. Someone said that putting wrong screws/or threading the screws in too tight back to connect the print head and ink assembly may cause loss of suction does this sound right to you? any help gratefully received

Old August 29th, 2017 Aug 29, 2017 10:46:45 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi keepontruckin,

If you need a power clean everyday, then definitely something is not OK in the ink route. The cause could be a lot of things, only a technician could check it to be sure. It's maybe the cartridges, the tubes, the dampers, the plastic parts in the carriage (like you said -wrong screws for example), old re-circulating ink... etc. I strongly recommend to call a tech for that.

K.

Old September 4th, 2017 Sep 4, 2017 10:37:22 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Hi keepontruckin,

If you need a power clean everyday, then definitely something is not OK in the ink route. The cause could be a lot of things, only a technician could check it to be sure. It's maybe the cartridges, the tubes, the dampers, the plastic parts in the carriage (like you said -wrong screws for example), old re-circulating ink... etc. I strongly recommend to call a tech for that.

K.
well today I had a fun day, I had a new carriage assembly sitting around so I decided to bite the bullet and fit it to see if it would solve my issue. Half way through disassembly I was having trouble with the sticky tape holding the harness/loom to the subframe bit that goes past the capping station it was stuck on tight. I was using a blunt knife to prise it off but manage to slice into the ribbon cable during the prising stage doh.

Anyway luckily I had the remains of an epson 3880 printer on the shelf that I was sent with a used texjet I bought on ebay from Austria - previous owner had stripped one for the head, ink assembley, capping station and carriage but the harness was still in there and it looked brand new. So I ended up fitting a replacement harness aswell. It also had a carriage belt motor so I fitted that too (looked like I had previously fitted the last one back upside down). All in took 5 hours so only managed 3 prints but didnt get any parallel lines hope that continues into tomorrow

I did notice that theres what looks like 2 sensors on the underside of carriage assembly both dirty - could these have caused the issue I was having?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sensors-on-underside.jpg (542.3 KB, 13 views)

Old September 4th, 2017 Sep 4, 2017 10:43:59 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

the other thing that would be helpful to know is which of these 2 screws (if any) is the right hand one that holds the damper unit onto the head? I always fit the purple one its described as a c.b.p. 2.5 x 8 I think but cant get a defintive picture of one.

if its not the purple one , where does that go please? I have a few screws left over from various stripdowns and spares I've been given

again all help gratefully received
Attached Images
File Type: jpg texjet screws.jpg (1.51 MB, 6 views)

Old September 4th, 2017 Sep 4, 2017 10:32:27 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi there,

It seems you had quite a fun time
From your description, it seems that the harness cables were causing the issue. Regarding the remaining screws, it's better to ask for the video link for the head replacement from your dealer (they are shown in detail). All screws need to be in place!

K.

This is a discussion about Texjet Plus printing thin unwanted parrallel lines that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in