[TEXJET] "Can stay idle up to 30 days without maintenance or ink waste" ? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

[TEXJET] "Can stay idle up to 30 days without maintenance or ink waste" ?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2016 Oct 12, 2016 9:52:02 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default "Can stay idle up to 30 days without maintenance or ink waste" ?

On one of the reseller sites I noticed this claim:

"Can stay idle up to 30 days without maintenance or ink waste"

Do you have any thoughts on this claim? I wonder if this is truly realistic, if there are some 'buts', and/or if the claim only applies to the newest models?

Thanks for any feedback.

-Squiggy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2016 Oct 13, 2016 12:05:17 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: "Can stay idle up to 30 days without maintenance or ink waste" ?

Well this aint true. You indeed need to do power cleanings after a few days of no printing. My nozzle check looks like ** after a week of no printing.

Old October 13th, 2016 Oct 13, 2016 10:47:53 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kostas

Hi there,

Actually, Texjet Plus doesn't require any cleanings or maintenance during the 30 days period; you can also completely unplug it (no auto-cleanings either). Of course after 30 days are passed and you re-open the printer, indeed you need to perform a cleaning to get the ink running. But there will be no nozzles lost during this time of inactivity, and you are not required to do anything before that (no ink purging, etc).

K.

Old October 14th, 2016 Oct 14, 2016 1:16:58 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: zerg

Haha, that's so funny. 30 days without maintenance. I would never leave the printer without touching it more than 4-5 days. If you want to leave it idle for 30 days get new set of carts and fill whole system with cleaning fluid.

DTG inks are so nasty that it's not a question IF your printhead will clog but WHEN (you never know).

Even after the weekend I am afraid that i'll see bad nozzle check at the beggining of new week.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerg71 For This Useful Post:
mb78 (October 14th, 2016)
Old December 17th, 2016 Dec 17, 2016 10:06:52 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I'd just like to add to this I bought a back up Texjet on ebay 12 month ago and never had to use it until now after my main Texjet print head failed (the week before Christmas typical). Anyway the white channels give me zero reading which is to be expected BUT after 1 year with dupont ink thats been in it for at least a year , maybe more and with no fresh ink I turned it on and got 95 % health on the cmyk nozzles after 1 power clean. I have only printed 1 Tshirt so far but it came out great. I'm going to put some cleaning fluid in the pipes and add some fresh ink, fingers crossed I can get a weeks printing out of it at least.

Old June 12th, 2017 Jun 12, 2017 10:31:18 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ray

I have a Texjet and there's 2 sides to this.

First, for all those laughing at the notion; yes, this machine can stay idle for weeks on end without any serious consequences when starting it up again.

On the other hand, while you can try a test print and it might do alright, you would be wise to perform a cleaning of the print head station, like before you last turned it off. No deep clean needed, generally. Save yourself the ink.
That said, as with any DTG printer, white ink performance can be touch and go and the more it is used, the better white flows.

This is a discussion about "Can stay idle up to 30 days without maintenance or ink waste" ? that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in