Polyprint Shortee - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

Polyprint Shortee

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 16th, 2017 Aug 16, 2017 7:53:01 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Polyprint Shortee

Why would you run a power clean everyday? You should only have to run a head cleaning then print out a little bit of white

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2017 Aug 17, 2017 2:57:00 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I run it because I always get rubbish printouts on nozzle check every morning. I have 2 x colour running in my texjet +, no white ink.

I have replaced ink assembly, carts , heads, capping station many times in last 2 years always have to do it. I never put the plastic cover back on the print head/carriage assmebly, I wonder if the weight of that cover/lid or rather lack of it is whats caused my problems? I have an old texjet the one without the metal case that doesnt need power cleaning much really

Old August 17th, 2017 Aug 17, 2017 3:25:33 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

what kind of ink are you running in it? If any screws are stripped in the head area it will not be bolted down and can also cause this issue

Old August 17th, 2017 Aug 17, 2017 11:28:14 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

[QUOTE=DTGPRINTERPARTS;4153457]what kind of ink are you running in it? If any screws are stripped in the head area it will not be bolted down and can also cause this issue[/QUOTE

I use firebird ink but I have the same ink in my other texjet and that doesn't have the same issue. Funny you say that about the screws because when I first changed the head myself I'm not 100% sure I put the correct screws back in the right holes.

Regarding power cleans I filled the maintenance tank with water it holds about 350-400ml so I'm going to keep an eye on how many power cleans it takes to fill but it's defo more than 4

Old August 18th, 2017 Aug 18, 2017 9:04:50 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Yes, when I screw the screws back in I use my finger tips because once I feel there is some struggle I know to stop. If I go further I can strip them. This is probably the problem. Have you tried with DuPont to see if there is a difference? If anything is stripped the head will not fit on the pump and cap tight and therefore not seal correct and the pump will not pull optimum

Old August 18th, 2017 Aug 18, 2017 10:01:15 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
Yes, when I screw the screws back in I use my finger tips because once I feel there is some struggle I know to stop. If I go further I can strip them. This is probably the problem. Have you tried with DuPont to see if there is a difference? If anything is stripped the head will not fit on the pump and cap tight and therefore not seal correct and the pump will not pull optimum
I have another texjet an older model but has the same epson 3880 internals using the same ink that hardly ever needs a power clean so I do not think the ink is the issue. I don't like the DuPont ink its fades on washing anyway which is why polyprint launched and sell at a higher price their "power ink"

I'm guessing I stripped the screw thread at some point by either over tightening or using the wrong screws. I have a spare couple of heads so I'm going to experiment with some self tapping screws if I can find them and see if I can find some I can clamp the ink Assy /damper unit onto my good head a bit tighter. My main machine is actually out of action currently due to it printing unwanted red yellow blue v thin vertical lines on the right of printed images as mentioned in another thread, you seem to know what you are talking about, any chance on getting a diagnosis on that please?

Also my back up texjet had the dreaded black blob /drop of ink on it when I finished today's printing. Last time that happened on my other machine I left it, it got worse, I assumed it was because I had a cheap chinese damper temp fitted on the black channels whilst trying to diagnose a fault that was left in for a few months, it then got so bad that even after changing the complete ink Assy I had to put a brand new head in to get it working again, the last one wasn't even 6 months old.

When the black ink droplets start forming on the head, is the head already on its way out or is it just a damper issue at this stage in your opinion? All help and advice is gratefully received
Thanks in advance

Old August 18th, 2017 Aug 18, 2017 10:51:15 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

it may not be ink and you might be right, but yeah sounds like a damper on the black channel may not be functioning properly and not expanding. I change out that whole damper unit when I change out because I hate changing the whole unit one by one and usually the weird looking damper is usually the culprit. No problem. I think you are on the path to fixing the issues

Old July 5th, 2018 Jul 5, 2018 6:42:20 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
Thank you. I will have more videos up as well. Everything is all in the technique but printer settings and knowing how to set them help out as well. The stock settings are fine and tweaking things is very easy
what can you actually tweak in the printer settings to get a more vibrant finish?
thx

This is a discussion about Polyprint Shortee that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in