Texjet Rip v7 and Uk suppiers - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

Texjet Rip v7 and Uk suppiers

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 16th, 2015 May 16, 2015 1:22:43 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Texjet Rip v7 and Uk suppiers

Hi Everyone

Is anyone using the new texjet rip V7? Is it any good or worth upgrading to?

Also is there another supplier than amayauk that sell power inks etc for the texjet plus in the UK?

Reson I ask is that they are not even selling the new rip yet and from what i know it was released in feb 2015. Also that they have on there web page that the power inks (cmyk) are £47.50 per 250ml + VAT then they charge you £52 per 250m + VAT when you ring. (I ring due to some items not even being on the site like the new platens or parts lol)

Thanks for any info in advance

D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2015 May 20, 2015 4:24:05 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: zerg

Default Re: Texjet Rip v7 and Uk suppiers

I heard that in RIP V7 you can print white and color at one time. (There is option in RIP V6 called "white+color one pass" but it works in different way and printing doesn't look good for me - technician told me that in V7 it's ok). I think the rest is very similar.

Old May 25th, 2015 May 25, 2015 2:16:22 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kostas

Hi,

As zerg already wrote, the v7 has the single pass printing of white and CMYK at the same time, which has nothing to do with the older 1pass printing. Now, the result is almost identical to the double printing, saving you the dead times of the two passes.
Also, the v7 is Macintosh compatible, and it utilizes a far superior white mask creation suite (no photoshop is needed at all for your designs any more).
In general, the v7 was built from scratch (it's a new RIP, not an update) and is more sophisticated in every aspect (also, much faster in the rippinga and sending).

You can contact Amaya UK for a demo or more details.

K.

Old May 26th, 2015 May 26, 2015 1:49:48 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: D

Thanks for the info guys sounds good.

I have got hold of amaya a few times but they say they are working on the tec side of it.... Should get my hands on a copy soon I hope.

D

Last edited by 00Dave; May 28th, 2015 at 12:44 PM..

Old June 19th, 2015 Jun 19, 2015 9:31:49 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Steve

Is there a manual available for version 7? My system is off line so the help system is of no use to me.
Thanks

Old June 30th, 2015 Jun 30, 2015 9:48:57 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have a second TexJet PLUS which have on its cover "advanced". It have new system of tables (easier changing without scrubs). I had to install other computer with RIP 7 casue on the first I have v 6.

My mate from work downloaded it from devstudio.it/polyprint and tried to install it on Windows 7 but several errors occured during the installation (can't read/copy file etc, you can retry/ignore/cancel). What he did is retry, retry, retry... ingore

What's interesting RIP works but since yesterday I found a problem. When I send a print, the file is computing. It shows that computing is 100% but waiting for a sending. It sends only after my table is in home position. What's more I can't see what's printing in a printer manager even when it's already sended and is actually printing.

Guys, do you know any other source for a RIP 7? Maybe the file was corrupted or sth? Or you have any other tips?

Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 2:04:08 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Pencarrie have now started selling these inks, handy if you're after garments etc at same time

Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 10:21:34 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerg71
I have a second TexJet PLUS which have on its cover "advanced". It have new system of tables (easier changing without scrubs). I had to install other computer with RIP 7 casue on the first I have v 6.

My mate from work downloaded it from devstudio.it/polyprint and tried to install it on Windows 7 but several errors occured during the installation (can't read/copy file etc, you can retry/ignore/cancel). What he did is retry, retry, retry... ingore

What's interesting RIP works but since yesterday I found a problem. When I send a print, the file is computing. It shows that computing is 100% but waiting for a sending. It sends only after my table is in home position. What's more I can't see what's printing in a printer manager even when it's already sended and is actually printing.

Guys, do you know any other source for a RIP 7? Maybe the file was corrupted or sth? Or you have any other tips?
Hi Zerg, if I understood correctly you are describing the normal operation of the RIP software. The actual print can only start when the table goes to the home position. And one of the new features of v7 is that the ripping/printing procedure happens 'on the fly'; meaning that the information doesn't have to be written in the printer queue first, but it's sent directly to the printer (this is why you can't see it in the printer properties).
Regarding the actual RIP, just make sure you have the latest version (1132 build) and if you are using Windows, make sure to connect the printer through the 'Windows Printer' option (not auto).

K.

The Following User Says Thank You to kostaspolyprint For This Useful Post:
zerg71 (July 2nd, 2015)
Old July 2nd, 2015 Jul 2, 2015 2:55:14 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks Kostas, I am glad that I have support in people like you

Old July 2nd, 2015 Jul 2, 2015 3:22:48 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You're always welcome Zerg, happy to be able to be of some help

K.

Old July 27th, 2015 Jul 27, 2015 11:58:24 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Does anyone know if there is any self help (I.e. A manual) for version 7 of the rip software. I am having real trouble with it and it's causing problems with my business.

Thanks

Old July 28th, 2015 Jul 28, 2015 2:59:35 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I am afraid that there's no such a thing. What problems are you having? Maybe I'll be able to help.

Old July 28th, 2015 Jul 28, 2015 10:32:06 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi Steve,

Early versions of v7 had some bugs which were solved with later versions. Make sure you have the 1132 build installed which for now is the latest one.

Apart from that and regarding the manual, there are installation instructions and white mask creation instructions. Please ask from your supplier to give them to you.

K.

Old July 29th, 2015 Jul 29, 2015 1:54:00 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerg71
I am afraid that there's no such a thing. What problems are you having? Maybe I'll be able to help.
Hi Zerg
I seem to have a faint white outline around most of my images, and all text. It looks like the colour print is slightly smaller than the white mask print - but this is not the case! when I print the white mask, I can see the brilliant white outline around the grey areas of the white mask (hope that makes sense).
My images are saved in PSE in TIF format and I have tries saving with, and without "saved transparency" checked - no difference.

Thanks
Steve

Old July 29th, 2015 Jul 29, 2015 2:01:44 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostaspolyprint
Hi Steve,

Early versions of v7 had some bugs which were solved with later versions. Make sure you have the 1132 build installed which for now is the latest one.

Apart from that and regarding the manual, there are installation instructions and white mask creation instructions. Please ask from your supplier to give them to you.

K.
Hi Kostas
Yes, I have build 1132. The use of the software is quite easy but when I have problems, the lack of a manual makes it very difficult to solve my own issues. At the moment I have tried lots of random settings trying to solve my problem (see reply to Zerg). Julien's team are also working on it.

A software manual would be really helpful, even if it only explains what each button does. I have tried lots of settings but sometimes I see no visible difference in the print, so not 100% sure what they do! Its quite frustrating.

Thanks
Steve
roland1 likes this.

This is a discussion about Texjet Rip v7 and Uk suppiers that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in