[TEXJET] HELP Platen bed wont go Up or Down - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

[TEXJET] HELP Platen bed wont go Up or Down

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 10th, 2014 Nov 10, 2014 9:23:56 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default HELP Platen bed wont go Up or Down

Hi Guys well I ended up purchasing a used melco g2 which is a texjet replaced two ink lines installed a brand new head.
I did a nozzle check and its perfect . Sweet
My only problem with the machine right now is the bed, it wont go up or down. I took the platen apart to get at the motor that drives the belt and when I push the button up and use my hand to manually help turn the motor I can tell its getting power cause its easy to turn when I stop its much harder so I know its getting juice . My question for you owners is this a normal part to replace or have any of you had this problem. Thank you C.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 12th, 2014 Nov 12, 2014 1:10:52 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kostas

Default Re: HELP Platen bed wont go Up or Down

Hi Chris,
I think you are experiencing a mechanical problem here. To be sure, you need to completely remove the motor (free it from the gear) and see if it turns normally or not. If it does, then the problem could be very complicated due to the different mechanical parts that are involved. If the free motor doesn't turn as it should, then the motor and/or the motor cables need to be replaced.
In any case, and as you probably can understand, a technician should give it a look.

Old November 12th, 2014 Nov 12, 2014 6:05:03 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thank you for the reply I think I found the problem.
I checked the back main board and noticed one of the connections looked like a paint spill fell on one of the connections.
Do you know where this power connect goes too ?
I attached some photos. Thank you for all your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1181.JPG (496.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1182 (1).JPG (332.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1183.JPG (727.4 KB, 15 views)

Old November 18th, 2014 Nov 18, 2014 1:33:55 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hmmm, that could cause your problems. Unfortunately,m in this case I can only recommend replacing the mainboard; this is the on;y way to be sure because the ink may have infiltrated other parts too.

Old November 18th, 2014 Nov 18, 2014 9:35:39 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I ordered a used board on ebay someone was parting out there old printer with the power supply and front lcd screen for $120 bucks . The only other part I need is a new four pin connector that's my problem. I'm contacting an Epson parts dealer to see if I can track down that four pin connector. Any help about this connector would be great . Thank you

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 1:22:05 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi, i think that you should contact your distributor for that (it will be very cheap to buy), but i'm also pretty sure that you can find this connector in electronic hardware stores.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 8:39:12 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hello again yes I checked my local radio shack but they nothing I'm working ing with an epson parts dealer now hopefully they can give me some more info on the connector thanks again for all your help. C

Old November 21st, 2014 Nov 21, 2014 3:19:50 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ok I'll try to keep this short .
I hired an Epson technician to come and replace the two bad connections with no problems.

But now when I turn the g2 on the machine beeps and the bed will not move at all so the printer will not power up .
The technician was still there so I manually pushed the bed in and when it got to the right spot it clicked on and then started normally .

Then when I pushed the big green button it would lock up and flash no mtn tnk .
which I then proceeded to push the green button and then again manually push the bed in and again the printer would go to the ready screen.

At this time seeing the bed was at the front of the machine I decided to try and send a file to the printer
when it started to print I received this code 0001001E .
Looks like its a bed restriction code .

The Epson dealer said he sees nothing wrong with the main motherboard he thinks it might be the controller board or maybe some kind of sensor problem .

Do you have any ideas what else this could be ?

THank you Chris

Old December 14th, 2018 Dec 14, 2018 7:32:52 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

sorry to dig up an old thread but did you ever sort out that problem? I have a texjet the one based on an epson 3800 before they changed to a metal case for the texjet plus. Ithas intermittant problem with th bed /auto adjust and up and down.

Som days everything works fine and I can do an auto adjust height adjustment and then manually raise and lower the platen using the buttons on the lower keypad. Sometimes I press to autoadjust and the platen will got halfway into the machine but do nothing it justs sits there and the up and down buttons do not work. I found by trial and error that sometimes when the platen is stuck halfway in and the auto adjust process doesnt work ,that if you slowly pull the platen back out slowly by hand, suddenly it may jump into life and perform an auto height adjust. However today its doing nothing and I'm having to print with a low platent that I cant adjust at all. If I press the up button I just get a beep and if I press the down button I get no response. I'm able to just about print but it would be great to get it working normally. One other thing of note is that the 2 sensors either side of the platen which I think are for the height adjust, seem to be responsive because if I cover the one on the left or wave something in front of it, it blinks a red flash

Old December 21st, 2018 Dec 21, 2018 4:50:32 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hello keepontruckin,

the problem you are facing it's usually from the lift motor cables. They have worn out and they do not always work. We should replace them.

Last edited by Polyprint; December 21st, 2018 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: typo

Old December 21st, 2018 Dec 21, 2018 4:55:37 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyprint
Hello keepontruckin,

the problem you are facing it's usually from the lift motor cables. They have worn out and they do not always work. We should replace them.

hi thanks for that I will look into replacing them. In the meantime its worth mentioning that I was able to adjust the height of the platen but manually pulling it out slowly whilst holding the up/down botton. Just before it was fully pulled out it started going up so I manually adjust the height so i can print to an ok standard. Still doesnt do the auto adjust feature though. I will get it fixed - but this machine has been a total workhorse - dont know how old it is but its still going strong!

Old December 21st, 2018 Dec 21, 2018 5:02:45 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It's good to hear that Sir!

Wish you nice holidays!

please pm for the results or if you need any further assistance.

Last edited by Polyprint; December 21st, 2018 at 05:21 AM..

This is a discussion about HELP Platen bed wont go Up or Down that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in