[TEXJET] Printer is un-responsive - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

[TEXJET] Printer is un-responsive

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 2nd, 2014 Aug 2, 2014 10:46:41 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Printer is un-responsive

A quick scenario that led up to this. Printer was acting up (would stop in middle of print), so I decided to replace the cr belt. Turned printer on and carriage would move out but stop and give 0001004 error. So, I replaced the encoder strip and the encoder sensor (an old one that I had and knew that worked). I turned the printer on and I get the 2 beeps and the TEXJet control panel lights come on, but the platen doesn't move and no menu panel lights or response from the printer. It seems like a fuse went, but I have no idea where to look. This is an older TEXJet model 4260. Any idea what happened or where I should look?

As a note:
If I need to get a MB where could I find one? Can I use a standard Epson 4800/4880 MB. I Use EK RIP and EK RIP drivers. I don't use Epson or TEX Jet drivers ...

Last edited by Zippy Doodah; August 2nd, 2014 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: another thought!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2014 Aug 3, 2014 2:54:10 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default Re: Printer is un-responsive

I've got the MB out and I have a couple of questions. If the battery is dead, what kind of symptoms would the printer exibit? I've located the F6 fuse, but I can't find the F1 or F2. Can some one tell me where to look? Thanks...

Last edited by Zippy Doodah; August 4th, 2014 at 12:42 AM..

Old August 3rd, 2014 Aug 3, 2014 10:40:57 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kostas

Hi Randy,
The second problem you are having has nothing to do with the first one (the 1004 one). Since the epson part doesn't even boot up, there are many things to be checked. The texjet board, the epson mainboard, the side harness cables (48,51,54), the PF encoder sensor and disk....
I can only assume that something went wrong when you installed the new encoder strip and sensor (probably a harness cable moved out of place, most likely the 48 one). I suggest going back to the 1004 error with the previous parts and pick it up from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to kostaspolyprint For This Useful Post:
Zippy Doodah (August 6th, 2014)

Old August 3rd, 2014 Aug 3, 2014 11:53:50 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostaspolyprint
Hi Randy,
The second problem you are having has nothing to do with the first one (the 1004 one). Since the epson part doesn't even boot up, there are many things to be checked. The texjet board, the epson mainboard, the side harness cables (48,51,54), the PF encoder sensor and disk....
I can only assume that something went wrong when you installed the new encoder strip and sensor (probably a harness cable moved out of place, most likely the 48 one). I suggest going back to the 1004 error with the previous parts and pick it up from there.
Thanks Kostas, I really appreciate your help. I'm not an expert with these printers but because there isn't anyone close to fix it I have to do the work myself. I've had it apart more then a few times so I, sort of, know my way around it. But, even with my Epson manual, I don't always understand the parts names. When you refer to the PF encoder, is that the sensor that the encoder harness plugs into? What is the disk? What harness cables are the 48, 51, and 54? That wouldn't be the cables that go to the head, would it? I know those as 0, 00 and 000 or 4, 5, and 6. I've ordered new encoder parts. The strip, the small harness, the sensor and the sub board that the harness plugs into. I'm also going to replace the CR motor, too, as it isn't very expensive. The Epson main board is out and I've checked the F1, F2 and F6 fuses as well as the fuse at the power source and replaced the battery, and everything tests Ok. On the board in the middle bottom, I guess that would be the TEX Jet board, what should I look for? Could an un-plugged harness cause the printer not to respond?

Old August 4th, 2014 Aug 4, 2014 10:54:55 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Hi Randy,
Ok, I checked the MB for any loose cables and everything was fine. All the cables where plugged in elsewhere. After checking the CR motor I don't think that is the problem. I'm wondering what is the connection between the printer and the base? Is there a fuse in the base? All the fuses were good on the Epson motherboard. It seems as though, whatever is the connection between the base and the printer, (whatever fires the printer up) has been disconnected somehow. I think there definitely is a problem with the encoder sensor and possibly the harness and encoder board, but would that cause the printer not to work? I've got these parts coming in the next couple of days, but if that doesn't fix it, then I'm stumped and about to give up!

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 3:40:34 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Hi Randy,
Alright, things have improved but not fixed yet. I put the printer back together and installed new encoder strip, sensor, harness and sub board. I plugged it in and turned the printer on and it's responsive again. But I have two problems that I probably caused by removing the main board. First, the printer isn't recognizing the ink cartridges in the light ink/white side. Second, the carriage/print head starts to move and I get error 0001001D. I had some problems with the CN15 plug, but it is plugged in. When I pulled the plug out, originally, the plug case came off, also. I couldn't get it back on so I just plugged the plug onto the three prongs. I didn't think that would be a problem considering it was tight and it needed only the end prongs. What I'm worried about is if I plugged it in backwards. I can't find anything that shows it plugged in. Also, I noticed the plug on the CR motor seemed loose. I'm tired of this, but I'm making I'm improving ...

Update: I took a quick look at the harnesses going into the cover for the main board and found harness #51 disconnected. I assume that is probably the cartridge problem. Hope I can find the error problem.

Last edited by Zippy Doodah; August 5th, 2014 at 04:40 PM..

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 10:38:36 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi Randy,
Someone was very busy these days...
Yes, the 51 harness cable could cause the no inc crtd message. But, to my understanding the printer is suffering from not only 1-2 things. I'd really suggest you going to a local texjet distributor who can deal with these things. Assuming that the 51 cable will fix the no inc crtdg error (otherwise the MB could not be compatible), the 1001D message could be very tricky. The cause can be found somewhere between:
print head, print head's harness cables (4,5,6 and 1,2,3), head board, front assy board, scale CR, sensor CR, belt CR, motor CR, cap/pump station, sub-b board (be careful, this is modified by Polyprint, you cannot use a factory onE), rest of harness cables and lastly the epson MB.

The Following User Says Thank You to kostaspolyprint For This Useful Post:
Zippy Doodah (August 6th, 2014)
Old August 6th, 2014 Aug 6, 2014 11:15:25 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Hi Randy,
Someone was very busy these days...
Yes, the 51 harness cable could cause the no inc crtd message. But, to my understanding the printer is suffering from not only 1-2 things. I'd really suggest you going to a local texjet distributor who can deal with these things. Assuming that the 51 cable will fix the no inc crtdg error (otherwise the MB could not be compatible), the 1001D message could be very tricky. The cause can be found somewhere between:
print head, print head's harness cables (4,5,6 and 1,2,3), head board, front assy board, scale CR, sensor CR, belt CR, motor CR, cap/pump station, sub-b board (be careful, this is modified by Polyprint, you cannot use a factory onE), rest of harness cables and lastly the epson MB.
I wish there was a local texjet dealer/distributor in the area but there isn't. I work on the printer myself out of necessity, not because I want to. I'm always worried I'm going to break 2 things trying to fix 1. Karl Steele used to live in this area and has helped me in the past, but, he moved and only gets back a couple of times a year. I imagine eventually it will get fixed. I just wish it was sooner than later. ...

Old August 6th, 2014 Aug 6, 2014 2:07:15 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Doodah
I wish there was a local texjet dealer/distributor in the area but there isn't. I work on the printer myself out of necessity, not because I want to. I'm always worried I'm going to break 2 things trying to fix 1. Karl Steele used to live in this area and has helped me in the past, but, he moved and only gets back a couple of times a year. I imagine eventually it will get fixed. I just wish it was sooner than later. ...
Randy. There is someone else in town that may help you out with your printer. His name is Wade Roen. He worked with Karl and I back at US Screen. I can contact him and see if he can help you if you would like.

Old September 25th, 2017 Sep 25, 2017 8:00:21 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

How did you fix the 1001d problem?

Please tell us I have the same thing goiong on....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRY...ature=youtu.be

Old September 25th, 2017 Sep 25, 2017 10:48:56 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi albertosu,

the carriage is able to move, so you can cross out the encoder sensor, the capping station and the flat cables. In your case, I think that either the encoder strip is dirty and/or the carriage shaft/rails need to be cleaned with WD40 and possibly lubricated a bit.

K.

This is a discussion about Printer is un-responsive that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in