[TEXJET] Textjet teething problems - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

[TEXJET] Textjet teething problems

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2014 Mar 4, 2014 3:03:40 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Textjet teething problems

I have just purchased a used texjet (from 2011), as you can imagine I'm having teething issues. I noticed someone on one of your threads stating they get the 'no mnt tank' message, i also get this message pretty much from start up until i press the green light ready to print. normal?

First of all, the seller flushed all the ink out for transportation, so now i have it here i have done about 6 power cleans (expensive) and about the same head cleans to get the ink back through the pipes, iv done nozzle checks and seem to have decent black, cyan, magenta, but the yellow and white seem non existent. Any advice or is it just a case of keep power cleaning and head cleaning until a decent nozzle check prints out?

Secondly, Since doing all that and the daily maintenance, i am getting a error message on display saying 'set ink crtg' so i tried resetting the chips and 2 of the chips wouldn't reset no matter how long i tried, so i have ordered 2 new chips, hopefully that will fix the issue? any thoughts? I cant do anything on the printer at all because of this error, not even daily maintenance clean and its been 3 or 4 days now, which is worrying me...

Apologies but lastly, i have created my own platen for the printer, fits fine but obviously due to the above problem i haven't been able to test it, my problem, i am trying to create a platen immanently in the rip software (texjetrip, from devstudio i believe) do you know how to save platens like the ones already on the software, i have already created it in coral draw but no idea how to save it as a useable platen.

Sorry for the bombarding message, i thank you in advance for your time.

Regards

Adam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2014 Mar 4, 2014 7:37:48 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Textjet teething problems

No maintance tank is normal, its the way to suspend layers in double pass pringing.

What do you mean by "teething"? banding?

Did the seller showed you a perfect nozzle check when he sold you the machine? There could be many problems with this - cloged head, cloged dampers, cloged lines etc.

The no crt error is probably a fualty chip on a cartridge, but you can also check if the contacts in the cartridge bay are clean and ok (never clean with alcohol and never clean the chip with anything liquid).

The Following User Says Thank You to Smalzstein For This Useful Post:
splashcreations (March 4th, 2014)
Old March 4th, 2014 Mar 4, 2014 1:12:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

When I buy used machine and especially yours that I really like, I prefer to change immediatly

capping station
dampers
encoder strip
clean your printhead, waterfall. if you cannot recover clog line, change head
Clean PF encoder
Flush all ink line with ammonia and distilled water 50/50
Change Head Ribbon 0 and 00

This seems overwhelming, but you will have to do it anyway later.

Always unplug the printer, that will prevent problems, take care of ribbon cable, easy to bend

I don"t like the RIP that is provided with the texjet, I switched to whiterip, which in my opinion is far superior.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgabby For This Useful Post:
splashcreations (March 4th, 2014)

Old March 4th, 2014 Mar 4, 2014 11:16:23 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks jgabby,

Some helpful advice...The lines have already been flushed exactly how you say, but some of the parts you mentioned i don't even know what or where they in the printer..Looks like i have a lot to learn, FAST!

This is a discussion about Textjet teething problems that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in