Problem wash dark shirts - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

Problem wash dark shirts

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 15th, 2013 Apr 15, 2013 12:37:55 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ivailo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Problem wash dark shirts

Hello,

Recently bought Tex Jet PLUS and I can say that for the time machine behaves wonderfully.
But I have the following problem - after washing dark shirts printed crack and fall in most places.
On our washing machine when washing the gel and detergent no problem, but the other 3-4 washing machines using washing powder - the result is frustrating.

I have to say that keeping the exact instructions of the manufacturer for processing, printing and laundry!

Please advice ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 2:34:13 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kostas

Default Re: Problem wash dark shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidosov
Hello,

Recently bought Tex Jet PLUS and I can say that for the time machine behaves wonderfully.
But I have the following problem - after washing dark shirts printed crack and fall in most places.
On our washing machine when washing the gel and detergent no problem, but the other 3-4 washing machines using washing powder - the result is frustrating.

I have to say that keeping the exact instructions of the manufacturer for processing, printing and laundry!

Please advice ...
Hello Fidosov,

You should avoid using detergent that causes a lot of "rubbing" of the print, like the powder beans. You were able to see that for youself in your own tests.
Of course, it goes without saying that -like every digital or silver screen printing- the t-shirts should be washed inside-out and in low temperature in order to achieve the desired washability.

I hope that helps.

K.

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 3:16:17 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

Bother me, however, a few things:

1. My washing machine has no problem with both gel and washing powder.
2. In tests with detergent released and shirts that you sent for printing in Greece before buying the machine - printing on them is flawless.

Due to these factors, I fear that our main problem is not in the detergent.

Unfortunately, in advertising, in which a few hundred printed t-shirts that are handed out to random people can not warn them or ask them to wash necessarily gel.

Please give us advice what to change in the process for keeping the instructions for preparation and printing.
We comply with the additional information from the file that you sent to our supplier - WashtestConclusionrev2.

The temperature of the press is measured and displayed real degrees.
After printing the shirt goes to press at 160 ° C for 210sec (3,5 min).

Once out of the press seem delightful.
But how to keep them so after washing

Attach 1 picture with the outcome.

Thank you in advance for your time and your answer ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1.59 MB, 90 views)

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 3:47:25 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hello Fidosov,

Of course, your washing machine has nothing to do with that.

I only mentioned the washing powder beans because you said that you had issues only when washing with powder and not any other kind of cleaner.

As it happens in most of these cases, it all comes to the textile itself. You can try printing on 4-5 different brands of t-shirts and print exaclty the same image (same specs). Then wash them exactly the same way, and you will be able to see for youself the differences.

Of course, i don't comment on your printing or fixation processes, which i take for granted that you are doing them as they are supposed to. In addition, if the pre-treatment wasn't done properly you should be able to see the image loss in normal washing liquid too (not only in powder beans). But, in any case, make sure that the precoating you spray is enough (it's better to be more than normal, than less than normal).

What i write you in the end of my previous post, i think is very important. the t-shirts should be washed inside-out (to avoid rubbing the print) and in low temperature. Even is you use powder, if the t-shirt is washed inside-out, the print won't be rubbed that much.

Since this is a unique case, we can always continue our discussion via email or through your regional dealer. I'm sure he would be happy to help you out in your questions and make your tests together.

K.

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 5:22:23 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Whitch Pretreatment did you use?

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 6:17:29 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroble
Whitch Pretreatment did you use?
milky pre-coating liquid series 5001

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 6:19:02 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Fixation 165 ° / 180 sek ?

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 6:27:50 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroble
Fixation 165 ° / 180 sek ?
160 ° C for 210sec (3,5 min).

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 6:51:24 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

The only thing that bothers me is the "pressure" must have a heat press, because I got a lot of conflicting information from the team trainer and documentation from the manufacturer.
At the moment the pressure is as "may in a shirt pulling hard to get out of the press."

Although I tried other options. At higher pressures strikes me that the white color sinks.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion and try to help.

Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 11:05:56 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi again Fidosov,

The pressure of the heat press should be set at minimum. But, in any case, if it was the heat press to blame you would have issues also in the rest of the samples (not only in the ones you washed with powder).

K.

This is a discussion about Problem wash dark shirts that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in